We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Coast

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Coral Coast

Hi All - We decided to book as a (spur of the moment thing) a trip to Fiji for Christmas and NY - and wanting to know from ppl who have spent xmas there before what sort of weather to expect? We will be staying in Coral Coast at the Warwick - It will just be me, my partner and our 4 year old son. We don't plan to do a lot except relax and hopefully get some warm weather - is it risky around this time due to cyclone weather?

Thinking of changing holiday destination as we have not yet paid our accomadation opted for a book now pay later and our flights were very cheap so don't mind missing out on that money

Edited: 08 July 2016, 06:49
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Coral Coast

I guess it is hit and miss at that time of the year as it is cyclone season, same as in northern Australia. You could get great weather, or you could get rain etc. Someone on here said they had a rainy week in June, which is unusual for that time of year. Guess you just never know. Unfortunately weather is weather, no matter where you go: it is unpredictable. I hope you are happy whatever you decide.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
144 reviews
2. Re: Coral Coast

Well we can't guarantee the weather but weh have been in Fiji Dec/Jan for the past 9 years and have been lucky. We missed one cyclone by 9 days , We stay on an island in the Mamanucas where it is less humid than the mainland which usually gets least a downpour daily. Mostly thunderstorms which pass quickly but we have had a couple of wet days on some trips. We wouldn't miss our trip..

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
298 reviews
3. Re: Coral Coast

Have been to the Warwick's sister resort in early January some years ago and whilst A/C for a bit of respite is essential had a great time with no issues except for 1 or 1 afternoon showers.

Beach and coral better at the Warwick than Naviti

4. Re: Coral Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2017, 10:47