We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Leicestershire.
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

We are looking to go to Finikounda in Sept 2008.

We are looking for tour operators that go there and provides a package holiday to include a two bedroom apartment flying from the U.K.

Our party includes two adults and a toddler so any other info is going to be helpfull. We have been to Stoupa, Parga but this was before we had a child.

Many thanks, Matt & Angie

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

DL1,

I willtry to find out for you. The only problem is that contracts are often not finalised until just before the season starts!

I will let you know anything I can!

DL1
Hants UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Thankyou Yiassas, any info would be gratefully received, regards DL1

Lancashire
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Just returned from Finikounda and according to Karl who in our opinion is the most uncaring, unhelpful holiday rep we have ever met, Kosmar (on his advice) is going to be toning down Finikounda and concentrating on Chrani. Can't understand why as that side of the peninsular has nothing to offer as far as beauty and nice villages. Seems that Kosmar has gone the way of all the good independent operators. The staff look drab and are not what you want to see on a long saved for holiday. We shan't be going with them again.

Kosmar, you lost a gem when you let Wendy and her husband go. They really CARED about the customers.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Well, I don't think you'll be missed! Especially as you don't get your facts right. Wendy was not 'let go', she didn't apply for the job this year, & Gordon, her husband, was never an employee of Kosmar anyway, he just did some airport transfers (locally employed & paid)

As for Karl, obviously a personality clash there! He is extremely popular with 99% of guests, many of whom contact him by e mail & letter throughout the winter, as we did when we were guests.

Kosmar, since being taken over has changed, the same as many of the other smaller operators that have been swallowed up by the big guys, but I hardly think it's fair to blame 1 person! What's more, he doesn't get to choose the uniform, what a stupid reason for booking or not booking with a company!

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Well said, Yiassas!! I'm just amazed Karl went back to Kosmar. Needs must, I suppose. We found him a brilliant rep, one of the best.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Thankyou nickandchris,

You know as well as I do that Karl puts 100% into his role, he has gone back into it this year because it is a full time job, it was only part time last year which was a no go for him. I am pleased to see him back, & if the comments of guests are anything to go by, they are pleased too! They are even prepared to put up with his jokes!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Sorry folks!

I forgot to say that davelynLancashire obviously have not spent much time up 'that side of the peninsula'

Chrani itself has it's own charm (quieter & more Greek than Finikounda), not to mention Agios Andreas, Vounaria, Petalidi, Koroni, & of course Harikopio which is very Greek & traditional! The villages & beaches around that area have much to offer, more fool them if they didn't explore properly!

Anyway, off to bed for me, thanks again nickandchris for the support, I know that you have fully explored the area & appreciate what it has to offer.

Goodnight!

DL1
Hants UK
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

First of all a BIG THANK YOU to Karl for all the tips and knowledge of the area and yes your jokes are "infamous" but we love you all the more for it!Long may you reign as King of the Reps.

Secondly, I'm sorry davelynlancashire went home with negative thoughts on Chrani and hope it hasn't put them off returning to this beautiful part of Greece. If you just drive through I can understand being unable to appreciate the peace and charm of this area. To stay awhile and explore and enjoy the warmth of the locals is what traditional Greece is all about.DL1

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

Thanks, Sally?, (Yiassas) for your kind words. I actually agree that if you just drive through this area, you get no concept of what lies just beyond!! Chrani lured us back a second time and for us, that is a very unusual concept.

Now, we are really stuck regarding next year's holiday. Any ideas, Sally? Problem is we are finding Greece has outpriced itself, I mean, €70 a night? As Peter Kay might put it, "What's all that about?"

Hope you are having a wonderful summer; weather here is atrocious!

Manchester,UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Which tour operators go to Finikounda???

I agree with your comments Yiassas. We have friends who live in Kafou, a village above Chrani, who introduced us to some of the hidden delights on the eastern coast of the Peloponese. We would not have really appreciated just how lovely it was and how Greek if we had just passed through on the busy road. We met their Greek friends also which made it more memorable. Ag Andreas has a lovely harbour,super tavernas and a great butcher!! Chrani is so laid back and peaceful with a nice beach - might be just the place to go with a toddler. Koroni is a bit "busier" - a super place to meet up with friends and eat by the harbour. We revisited a taverna this year and the waiter instantly recognised us and even remembered what we had ordered last year( from one visit) How Special is that - and how Greek!

We love Finikounda for different reasons and wherever we go we try to keep an open mind. Each place has different things to offer. As long as we can get a flight to the Peloponese we will be happy as we still have much more to explore.

Get answers to your questions about Finikounda
Recent Conversations