We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in october

penzance
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in october

Found a good deal for a week flying out on the 21st of October ! Will the weather be ok and will there still be plenty of restaurants open ? Thanks

Greece
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in october

Don't do it to yourself, most depressing time of the season, resorts are 70-90% closed, weather is unpredictable but LOTS of storms, rain, wind and thunder, my least favourite time of year, many may disagree but I'm coming up on my 15th consecutive October, so take my opinion however you like.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in october

We're in Lindos a wee bit earlier in October, fingers crossed it doesn't rain too much. Just have to find cosy indoors bars if it does. Hoping still a bit busy in the village then??

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
penzance
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in october

I thought as much really ! Been menorca and Ibiza in October and bars had little stock in etc and everything looked like it needed freshing up after a busy season ! Been Pefkos 3 Times before but in summer and may ! However I'm now tied to school holidays and it doesn't look like we will be getting away this august ! Will have to wait till next year when were in Pefkos for 2 weeks for my niece's wedding ! Thanks for comments !

Mentioned in this post
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Dudley West Midlands
Level Contributor
325 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in october

Have you thought about Cyprus? Before I was a regular visitor to Rhodes I had severalholidays there and a few times visited the first week in November directly after the half term break. Its that little bit further south and I always had good weather

Annie

Edited: 30 July 2016, 14:18
Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in october

Hi Maria022

October can be random weather wise... 2015 the week of the 21st did see quite a bit of rain, but the following week was simply gorgeous. The sea is still very warm at that time of year. Yes, Pefkos will be shutting down but maybe have a think about Rhodes Town instead? It is open all year round.

Mentioned in this post
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
mid wales
Level Contributor
278 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in october

Can't guarantee the weather at any time really but I have been going in October for over 25 years.Had some spectacular storms and lots of glorious sunshine. I'd stay in the town at that time as it isn't as "shut" as the other resorts. The sea will be lovely and warm then too.

Earby
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in october

As a parent tied to school holiday days aswell we have been to Pefkos quite a few times in October & had some good holidays, yes some places are closed some start closing & first choices in bars & restaurants are not always available but if you get the holiday cheap enough just being in Pefkos would be enough for me

Mentioned in this post
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
319 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in october

I wouldn't go that late again. In 2014 we were there 1st-15th weather was fab, everything still open and plenty going on. In 2015 we went 10th -24th. From the 20th onwards loads of places closed for the season, the majority of holiday makers left on the 21st. From the 21st to the day we went home it absolutely peed it down and was really windy. There was no atmosphere and every where was winding down to close. It was the longest 3 days of my life. I'd go the beginning of October again but never as late as last year.

Edited: 02 August 2016, 16:43
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in october

As others have said, the weather is a bit more unpredictable and some of the 'resorts' tend to be shutting down. Lindos is better for bar/restaurant options and Rhodes Town better still as not only will you have plenty of bars, restaurants and shops but there's plenty of sightseeing for any off days.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in october

We came home last year on the 21st after staying at Pefki Island and the resort was definitely on wind down. Quite a few businesses were shutting down after the Wednesday transfer day. If you have more specific favourite alcoholic drinks you may struggle to get them as businesses wind down their stock. Haven't stayed any later than that myself but on the whole the first 2 weeks of October are glorious. Yes, you may get a storm but the sun will soon be out. As mentioned earlier sea is still warm. Always amazes me when I see what tour operators charge for October half term when most things are shut.

On the plus side, October is a great time to visit as the workers are starting to relax at the thought of a rest and are even more friendly than ever!

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos