We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central hotel

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
central hotel

hi was going to book skiathos but after seeing the runway at airport have changed our minds , looking at pefkos , would like a nice hotel within 5 to 10 mins walking distance to centre

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,791 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: central hotel

Hey

Loads to choose from:

Pefkos Beach Hotel

Lindia Thalassa

Pefki Island

Island Blue

Matina

Stella Hotel

Pefkos Village resort is lovely but a good 15/20 min walk up n down to the centre.

Also loads of good family run small apartment/studio complexes with pools

Mart

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
235 reviews
2. Re: central hotel

There is nothing scary about Skiathos runway........just keep clear of the public toilets at Rhodes airport - now they are scary!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: central hotel

May i ask what is wrong with the runway that makes you not want to visit? Seems strange to change your destination based on how the runway looks, looks similar to most other airports on islands.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: central hotel

If you want a bit of luxury then Island blue is the best in Pefkos B&B through Thomson which is a full buffet breakfast everything you could imagine from cereals fruit yogurts breads pastries full english etc also air con is included in the price. bit pricey but well worth it imo.There sister hotels Pefki island and Lindia thalassa are also very good accom SC all within 5 mins of centre 2 mins from the beach.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: central hotel

I have been to Skiathos three times and didn't even notice the runway , it certainly wouldn't put me off. Getting back to Pefkos, we love Pefkos Beach Hotel its very central, a stroll to the beach and very clean.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: central hotel

I have been to Skiathos three times and didn't even notice the runway , it certainly wouldn't put me off. Getting back to Pefkos, we love Pefkos Beach Hotel its very central, a stroll to the beach and very clean.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: central hotel

Hi, I would highly recomend Chrysanthi apartments/hotel,great place to stay.

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: central hotel

I think what DBUK is getting at is the length of the runway ? I may be wrong but I think its very short like the one on Samos? When you land there you certainly know its time to brake and brake QUICKLY !!!!!

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: central hotel

Thanks for your replies . My sister-in-law is a very nervous traveller and googled the airport as it's very nervy and short so have booked pefkos instead

Ireland
Level Contributor
354 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: central hotel

Hi

(IMHO) You don't know what you're missing by choosing Pefkos over Skiathos! I've been to Skiathos 14 times and the landing at Skiathos is no different from any other landing.

I have also been to Pefkos. Once.

Hope you have a good holiday and maybe think again about Skiathos for a future holiday

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations