We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk up to Pefkos Blue

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
15 reviews
Walk up to Pefkos Blue

I guess a price has to be paid to get panoramic views. Is the walk up to Blue really as bad as people say.

I'm 69 and I would say of average fitness for my age.

I know one can get a taxi but I'm asking about 'the walk' up.

Could someone put a time on it too please.

I haven't booked anything yet. Thanks

1. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 18:17
Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

>>Is the walk up to Blue really as bad as people say. <<

That all depends on your level of fitness and perception of steepness, some people seem to think it's the equivalent of the north face of the Eiger while others dismiss it as of little consequence.

In the heat of the afternoon it can be a bit of a slog but if you take your time it's perfectly manageable, we only did it a couple of times because my youngest daughter hated it and we ended up getting a taxi up for €4 a time.

Going down is obviously a doddle although it can be a bit slippery on the steepest bit near the bakery, my wife nearly ended up on her backside a couple of times along there, lol.

The apartments are excellent and the views are fantastic but if we ever go back to Pefkos we would avoid staying up the hill.

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

Dr Cheese,

Thanks for that. If we go we'll definitely not choose that place. Unfortunately my son and his wife and kids have chosen it. I guess they're going to opt for the 4euro taxi a lot! How far is the road up?

We'll probably look for a place more central in town and they'll have to come and visit us!

I've just seen a video that someone posted strolling along a stretch of road where all the restaurants and bars were. It seemed fairly early in morning as everywhere was empty and being cleaned and hardly anyone around. To be honest i'm having second thoughts of going to Pefkos now. It all looked rather tatty to me and all more or less purpose built for tourism.

We were in Naxos earlier in year and that was a wonderful place oozing Greek charm.

Oh well better make mind up soon i guess.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

This is the bottom of the hill looking up, you can have a virtual stroll up by clicking on the road ahead. Doesn't look too bad does it but as I said the heat has to be factored in, we were last there in a heatwave so it probably seemed worse than it actually is.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@36.07535,28.054777,-333.58h,-10.43p,1z

Pefkos is a purpose built resort but if you're after authentic Greek charm Lindos is only a few minutes away by taxi.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
87 reviews
5. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

Most of the important roads in Pefkos are covered by Streetview. If you start here:

http://tinyurl.com/q9c6e2c

and go inland, then go right and left at the junction with the main road, you will see most of it.

I wouldn't call it tatty, but it certainly isn't as authentic a Greek experience as you would get in Naxos town, or for that matter any other Cycladean town whose island doesn't have an international airport.

Edited: 10 September 2015, 00:14
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

You don't have to use to steep hill with the bakery, you can walk up there from the square where the eclipse bar etc are, it's still uphill but not as severe, even if it is the longer way round.

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

Hi Hobnob

Thanks for that. Taking the longer less strenuous route and walking at a leisure pace how long roughly would you estimate it for us to walk it please. Thanks.

Oh yea-- is it a safe route? Not too much traffic etc etc.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
87 reviews
8. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

There's no pavement on the main road, though in some places there is a bit of a verge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

Depends where you leave From , you can get back from the square in about 10 minutes, from the beach road maybe 20-25. As said its a main road with no pavement and you do get coaches going though. Google a map of Pefkos to see the road layout.

Edited: 10 September 2015, 20:28
10. Re: Walk up to Pefkos Blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations