We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we have enough?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Will we have enough?

Hi Guys, we're are going to pefkos on August 27th for 2 weeks Self Catering and are staying at the Karpathios. We will roughly have between €1200 and €1400 for the two of us, will this be enough? It will all be in cash as I don't want to risk not being able to withdraw money and if we spend it all too early we will be screwed. Here's what we normally do on our holidays;

No excursions

Usually make own breakfast (toast, eggs, yoghurt and fruit etc) not big morning eaters buy may have 3-4 English breakfasts out

Lunch we usually buy baguettes and make ham and cheese sandwiches or toasties etc, nothing too heavy - also may go out 5-6 times for lunch

Tea we like to eat out the majority of the time, probably 10-11 times (if we stay in we would make a big salad or pasta etc) we usually go for a two course meal with 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks each (wine or lager).

The odd day during the day we may go out for a walk and could have a few drinks each

On the night we like to chill in bars and have a few drinks also, some nights more drinks than others

Based on how we usually holiday, would you think that budget would be enough for us? Thanks

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Will we have enough?

You should have plenty. We usually budget £100 a day but have lunch and dinner out every day. At both meals we like to eat well.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
85 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Will we have enough?

Hi - I travelled to Pefkos last August with my husband and daughter ( age 11 ) and we budgeted £100 per day which then was about €120, I think. We are out every night, drank but not loads, bought lunch or breakfast out and didn't feel we went without. Don't forget you'll need to rent a safe and pay for aircon if it's not included in your package which may total about €160. Best to contact hotel direct about cost of this. Best to take as much as you can afford as you can always bring it back. Hope that helps.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3. Re: Will we have enough?

Thanks for the swift replies :) so you both ate out every day for your 3 meals??

Sounds like we should be ok, we are not massive foodies so the cheapest restaurants will be fine

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Will we have enough?

Have you budgeted for safe and aircon? I'd take another €500 on top of what you have said, with the way things are, you won't be able to withdraw when out there so if you go over budget, your stuffed. Pefkos is small so there is no way you could stay there doing very little for 2 weeks, you will have to visit Lindos at least once and I couldn't imagine going to Rhodes without seeing Rhodes town, it would just be a waste. Take some extra cash and you won't have to worry.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
85 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Will we have enough?

We are out every night for dinner and had at least one other meal , a late breakfast or early lunch. Sometimes both and a cocktail each every night. But I agree with hobnob with the current economic climate take more cash. If we go this year I'd take £2000 .

Enjoy your hols - Pefkos is perfect

Leyburn, United...
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Will we have enough?

As above, when in Greece we work on roughly £100-130 a day.......some days we spend that sometimes considerably less. If we have a decent balcony and view, we may have the odd evening drinking wine, and eating salad / cheese etc and reading......it's a pleasant non expensive way to spend an evening.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
507 posts
7. Re: Will we have enough?

Always found it quite cheap to eat out and wine with meal is reasonably priced too. We would expect to pay 50-60 euros for 2 for an evening meal.

Our downfall is alcohol as our usual tipple is vodka and coke, about 10-12 euros for 2 drinks and cocktails are about the same.

It soon adds up when your enjoying yourself. Lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Will we have enough?

V&C is my choice of drink also when on holiday, might have to limit them to 3 a night and make do with beer when on a late one!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Will we have enough?

I think you'll have plenty! We were there last year, family of 4, the kids eat adult meals. We had breakfast out, late afternoon snack in, crisps, bread, tatziki, tomatoes and cucumber on the balcony. Evening meal out every night. We drank local beer and quiet a bit of it too, not the kids of course they are only 9 and 11! All restaurants were lovely, some cheaper than others but the food was always good! We budgeted spends of €150 a day, that was plenty!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Will we have enough?

Forgot to add, we only went to Lindos for one night, it's far too hot to do anything much, found it very busy so didn't stay long. And that was after 8 at night!

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations