We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last week of season

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
last week of season

After havin to cancel my summer holidays in July the only week we can travel is the last week of the season. How busy will the resort be? Thinking of staying at the lindos princess but not sure if it will be like a ghost town around the hotle

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: last week of season

When you say last week of the season do you mean the very last week of october?

It depends what you want from your holiday, it's likely most tourist related businesses will be closed or closing, that includes many of the hotels, which is why people often get letters from the holiday company telling them they're being moved to another one other than the one they booked, also flights can become subject to a lot of changes.

Weather wise it's impossible to say, it will be warm by day and if it remains clear then it could almost be 'hot', but it's also extremely likely you'll see storms and a LOT of wind and rain, rough seas etc. I was in Lindos a couple of times last october, once in the middle and one day at the end, we went down there to see someone we know who was working there for the summer instead of here in Faliraki, I must say it was so quiet I was surprised anyone had bothered, but that's me, your expectations may differ.

Personally I'd think long and hard about what you want and consider going to western Cyprus(paphos)

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Faliraki
Faliraki
Rhodes, Greece
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: last week of season

We have been visiting Rhodes and Pefkos since 1997, and have stayed there for the last week of the season (end of October) quite a few times as it is usually school holidays, the place is quiet, there has always been enough places open to eat etc,as for the weather have always had good weeks with perhaps the odd day that has been wet, I suppose its the risk you run going out at the end of the season, we have had some great times with the beaches to ourselves and the locals on wind down after working hard for months, it can give you a very different view on things, but not in a negative way. We are coming out for the last week this year and very much looking forward to being back.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last week of season

planing to go 17th of october. is that the last week of the season?

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: last week of season

It's hard to define the 'last week', it all depends on what we mean by last, if you judge it by when the TO flights end then no it isn't, that usually tends to be the very end of october, around the 31st but depending on what date falls on what day, with the main changeover days being saturday and wednesday, but if you define it by when everything closes etc then there isn't really a definitive end, it all just sort of tapers off starting the 3rd week of september and with every changeover comes more and more closures, some places set themselves a date and stick to it, some play it by ear a few days at a time, usually the smaller the resort the sooner it's all closed, often it costs more to open up, pay your staff and switch the lights on than you'll take from 5 customers!

I personally wouldn't come here that late in the season but others like it, I think most of the ones who do so are people that have some kind of connection to the island or resort they go to, Greek friends, family working there, things like that.

5. Re: last week of season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:11
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos