We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Hi, I am thinking booking this hotel for Summer 2019 for me, my wife and our two boys (who will be 13 & 8). Jet2 are quoting over £350 more for a one bedroom apartment in the new block. Is it worth the extra money? Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
1. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Hello, I’d say depending how much time your thinking about me in your room to be honest. The 1 bedroom apartments are slightly bigger as it’s a bedroom with 2 single beds and a kitchen diner with 2 single beds. In the studios they are 4 single beds with a partition half wall inbetween the room.

Also how much room are you wanting. When I went a few years ago with my family there was 3 adults and 2 kids and we were fine in studio..

I’ve been for the past 15 years.

The new blocks are modern that’s the only difference..

Hope this helped :)

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Thank you. Another question please... Do most people book this as a package? I see the hotel is available with Jet2, TUI & Thomas Cook. Or is it worth (in terms of savings) waiting until Easyjet, Ryanair etc release their flights and booking it through the likes of sunshine/travel republic etc as a flight & hotel independent package. Thanks

Edited: 11 June 2018, 15:48
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Various members of my family have been going to Pefkos for 20 years from LGW and Birmingham, staying at various accommodations including Matina, Amfitriti, Stella and Pefkos Beach.

For them, booking independently has never proved cheaper than a package.

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Most people book a package like myself.. booking it all separately means you have to pay for transfers which is around 70-78 euros to pefkos each way.. I personally would say package would be cheaper for family of 4

Bradford, England...
Level Contributor
82 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Hello. We are staying at the matina for the first time this year, but we had a look round last year when we mentioned to the staff that we were considering booking with them. We weren't able to go in any rooms as they were fully booked,but I can say that the new block is more modern, but the old block still appears very acceptable and up to their high standards. I agree it depends on how much time you're planning to spend in your room, but an extra 350 is a big chunk out of your holiday money that personally I would say is better spent on things like days out etc.

Regarding booking a package v booking direct, we have done both and I agree that you don't save anything by booking direct. We booked direct with the apartment owners last year, did our own flights etc, and it wasn't any cheaper in the end and was extra hassle. This year we calculated the difference between booking direct with the matina and booking a package with jet2, and again there wasn't a saving to be made. Booking with jet2 meant that everything was sorted, transfers etc, but in favour of booking direct I would say that it gives you more freedom to select preferable flight times and days etc, so if you want to be very specific about flight times, arrival days, choice of apartments etc you might want to book direct. Personally I'll continue to weigh up the cost in case it changes but will stick with booking a package for the foreseeable future

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel

Thanks for your advice. I booked via jet2 earlier this week a one bedroom apartment 😀

Reply to: Matina Pefkos Aparthotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations