We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are so many posts closed?

Why are so many posts closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2018, 03:05
Island Blue Hotel
Island Blue Hotel
#1 of 34 hotels in Pefkos
Pefki Islands Resort
Pefki Islands Resort
#2 of 34 hotels in Pefkos
Lindia Thalassa Resort
Lindia Thalassa Resort
#3 of 34 hotels in Pefkos
Shoreham-by-Sea...
Level Contributor
620 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

TBH I did wonder why your post was taken down, seemed pretty normal to me. I thought multiple complaints have to be made before a post is taken down but what do I know.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

I sent a message to TripAdvisor to ask why mine was closed and the repost was reopened, but I don't understand why it was reported in the first place. Another similar one has been closed today as well.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,581 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

it follows an unusual pattern where the people have answered have also been deleted which I am guessing is a user with more than one id or a group of close people.

you may wish to advise TA to look into it

Edited: 10 June 2018, 00:27
Bradford, England...
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

Good question. I asked a question recently to find that my comment had been removed for being "inappropriate" - it was a question about a menu at a particular resort!! But no message was sent to advise me how I breached the rules, so how are people supposed to know? I notice that my post was opened again after I left a comment challenging it, but why is it happening? Do we have an admin who's a bit power mad? I have to say that the experience has put me off and I've been on here much less because I want to enjoy looking forward to my holiday and not worry about whether my posts and comments are appropriate.

My understanding is that this is a forum to discuss our holidays, its meant to be a fun thing, so I can't understand why it's censored so much

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,581 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

Deletion is not being done by TA but member's of the community or a member of the community with more than one id name and I am afraid you will need to contact TA for it to be sorted

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

Vicky, I know exactly how you feel as many of my post or replies have been removed and sort of puts you off coming on these forums, Think there is some one or people who have an ulterior motive with regards to what can or cannot be posted especially in the Pefkos forum.

Mentioned in this post
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

I have found it quite hostile, and not at all like the other destination forums that I've participated in. If there's a particular person that is reporting posts, hopefully they will tell us why so we all know. I felt a bit upset that my post was reported when it was just about beach towels. It made me wonder if the resort was unfriendly too. Thankfully Mart pointed me in the direction of the Facebook page!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

Hmmm saying nothing in relation to the facebook page. I will leave it up to you to decide.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

At least you can get an answer on there without someone getting the @rse and deleting the thread! Haha!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why are so many posts closed?

Just wait till you say something your not happy with then we'll see lol

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos