We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Not done much apart from lie in the sun, eat and drink.

Arrived at stella apartments about 10.30 Saturday night about an hour transfer, put cases in room plugged in Mossie plugs and across the road to the jasmine bar for a few drinks. Sunday sunbathing then explored all over - wandered to thomas beach then back up the hill through village to lee beach - stopped off at Kelari pool bar for live music by Giannis and ordered their special mezze for 2 -12€ and it was huge we could not finish it but it was gorgeous - that said could not find room to eat Sunday night. Monday pool then Karma for tea I had the lamb parcel with walnuts and sultanas - fabulous the stray cats loved it as well as too much for me to eat. Tuesday pool then a greek restaurant just before Karma - can't remember name but food lovely. Wednesday evening meal a wander through village to coralli another fabulous meal and staff so lovely -even came away with the recipe for their sun dried tomato dip which was to die for. Thursday - Hellas for the evening meal - looks very posh but gorgeous food it is a bit Michelin with lemon foam but the prices are no more expensive as anywhere and it was one of the best meals I have had and I am a total foodie and cook. Friday fancied something different and stupidly opted for a Chinese at red dragon - if you like tons of salt and expensive food this is the place for you - as you have probably guessed this was not a place for us. Lesson learnt.

8 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Sounds good... except Chinese lol.

Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

It was a lovely relaxing and very enjoyable holiday

lancs england
Level Contributor
392 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Glad you enjoyed it are you now hooked ? . One week is not enough so many good restaurants and bars to choose from with Lindos and Lardos close by also Rhodes old town is well worth a visit . Our eleventh time in September and we are newbies compared to some . Still have not tried every restaurant as we have our favourites and try at least one new one whenever we go plus there is usually one new one at least that has opened this season It’s a place you can easily fall in love with, and of course the people you meet restaurants bars etc are so friendly.

Edited: 14 June 2018, 20:03
Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Lenny50

Totally enjoyed it we will probably return at some point in our life but we like to see as many islands/countries as possible - but totally enjoyed it and apart from the Chinese the food was exceptional and location was fabulous

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Have also recently returned from our first visit to Pefkos. Really enjoyed it but, like you Dr, prefer to try pastures new each year. However, Pefkos is somewhere I would definitely return to at some stage. Visited Lindos and Rhodes town many years ago, so maybe the draw to return in the short term is not strong. However, would definitely recommend it as a pleasant resort, with ample good restaurants and great local transport. Coralli was by far my favourite restaurant, fantastic traditional Greek dishes. Gave the Chinese a wide berth....for all the reasons you describe!! When in Greece.........😉😉

Hebburn, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Twinkletoes totally agree with you about Coralli but have to say that Hellas was equally as good for the taste and presentation of their food and the price was about the same as Coralli.

We also had a mixed platter at Kelari pool bar restaurant and for 12euros the food was lovely and there was lots of it - this was on their lunchtime menu and it fed 2 people so was good value.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Sounds good Dr. I will save those tips to my visit notes, thanks, should I return to Pefkos in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, there are only so many places to try on 6 evenings (far too short!!). We always have nibbles with a cool drink on the balcony during the day, though did also enjoy some nice ice cold beers in the Blue Waves Kantina on a few afternoons, looking out into that beautiful clear blue sea, which I also had a swim in, heavenly!! ‘Tis sadly but a dream now......😊😊

Level Contributor
186 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it

Dr. Thanks for your posts.. i cant wait to try those restaurants(and more).. it will be our first time to Pefkos at the end of July and im so excited..

Reply to: 1st time in Pefkos and loved it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations