We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places like Stoupa

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
122 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Places like Stoupa

Hi, I went to Stoupa in July this year, I loved it. Can anyone tell me somewhere else similar to Stoupa, in the Greek area. I have been to Parga too also loved it there. I like quieter places with a few bars/tavernas. Also a nice beach too... Thanks

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places like Stoupa

I personally, much prefer Stoupa to Parga, more Greek, more chance to explore, more mountains. Don't know where else would compere.

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places like Stoupa

I have never understood the Stoupa / Parga comparison .

One is a bustling town , the other a tranquil village .

Both lovely , but suited to different people .

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places like Stoupa

Hello, I'd suggest Finikounda. We went last year and absolutely loved it.

We've also been to Stoupa and was a toss up whether to go back there or try Finikounda and I'm so glad we chose Finikounda and I did prefer it to Stoupa although there wasn't much in it to be honest. It's so laid back and relaxing. There's a good beach and just enough bars and tavernas to keep you going for 2 weeks!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places like Stoupa

I've been to both Stoupa and Parga, loved Parga, but Stoupa ticked all the boxes for us.

We've been to over 20 different islands and many mainland places, all different, which is why we love Greece so much.

What specifically do you you like about both Parga and Stoupa? (Eg beachfront taverna's, surrounding area, type of beach, clientele, etc. It may help with people's recommendations.

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
240 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places like Stoupa

Aghios Stefanos NW (San Stefanos) Corfu

Very greek, very traditional. Taverna based holiday. You can more or less walk from one end of the village to the other in 10 mins.

Lovely people, lovely sunsets, lovely food

Even has it's own website/forum

www.sanstefanos.co.uk

Suffolk UK
Level Contributor
253 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places like Stoupa

Hi Alison G,

We'll be in Stoupa for our first visit next month and are very much looking forward to it. We too like the quieter resorts and have also stayed in Parga and Corfu's lovely Aghios Stefanos in the past but our favourite Islands are Samos: stayed in the Pavlis studios in the traditional village of Ormos (beautiful beach of Votsalakia nearby) and Thassos - had a 2week stay at the Blue bay hotel at Golden Beach: fantastic views of the bay and mountains from the balcony and only 10min walk down to the long sandy beach. (you are tucked away up a small track here so its quite private).

We would very happily return to both Islands but there are so many other places to discover first!

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
62 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places like Stoupa

We had our honeymoon in parga, it was lovely but it was 19years ago. We also had a fantastic holiday in thassos at golden beach and always said we would return, we have wanted to visit stoupa for a very long time and will soon be realising that so will see how they compare. Basically Greece and the Greeks are lovely can't wait.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
122 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places like Stoupa

Thanks everyone, I will look up San Stefanos sounds like my kind of place.. I liked Stoupa because it was small and friendly.. you could sit and watch the world go by.. Didn't mind the rocky beach neither.. Parga had a bit more life but still seemed traditional.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places like Stoupa

If you don't mind pebble beaches, Paxos is somewhere to consider for the future.

Beautiful sea, the capital Gaios (where we stayed) has a long seafront with tavernas and a small white pebble beach. If you crave sand, you can get the water taxi to Anti-Paxos, the beach is white sand and azure sea, one of best I've ever been to.

But, now we've found Stoupa, hard act to follow ;-)

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
251 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places like Stoupa

Greece has more Islands than you can shake a stick at, try a Island Hopping site. Thassos is very nice, but so are many other places, just along the coast Finikounda is similar, or how about Pelion ?

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations