We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booked seats

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Pre-booked seats

Flying out to Kalamata this August with Thomas Cook.

Do people Pre-book their seats?

It's the first year we haven't, refuse to pay the extra £80.

Were a family of four (2 older children) just wondered if people who don't pre book managed to get seats together.

Thanks

19 replies to this topic
kent
Level Contributor
27 posts
1. Re: Pre-booked seats

We have never pre-booked our seats but always manage to sit together, but i must say we do get to the airport early to check in as soon as the desk opens.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 17:30
southsea
Level Contributor
143 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Pre-booked seats

We fly out on 5th August from Gatwick,I haven't booked seats but intend to check in the night before as we are staying in a hotel opposite. Will be interesting to see if we get seats together.

Just come back from Kefalonia & we didn't book seats but ended up next to each other. Maybe different in August as probably busier.

Looking forward to our 1st visit.

lincoln
Level Contributor
238 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Pre-booked seats

not a chance would we ever pay £80 to sit together, we'd rather sit apart for a few hours than pay them that rip-off fee. we've always been placed together anyway so far, so id recommend taking your chances :-)

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Pre-booked seats

We tend to take up the TC 3for 2 offer - meal, 20kg luggage and choose your seat. Always been happy with this, but of course, the bigger the party, the bigger the expense!

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Pre-booked seats

Agree with dwj52, on the 3 for 2 deal, hate paying for extras though. Unfortunately there's not much choice on this route. If I didn't have to pay for luggage I wouldn't opt for seats

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Pre-booked seats

Book on line everything easier. This side, and kalamata

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
275 posts
90 reviews
7. Re: Pre-booked seats

We check in online 24 hours before flight, so can pick seats. No extra charge each way

Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Pre-booked seats

First time to Stoupa this summer so can't comment for Kalamata, but refuse point blank to pay a fortune for seats together. We are a family of 4 (2 kids under 12) and never had an issue not being together for other flights with TC over the years.

London
Level Contributor
313 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Pre-booked seats

I do always pay to choose my own seats usually on the3 for 2 as I always want extra weight for luggage. I started to do this when one year on a flight with Thomson they split 4 of us up to different areas of the plane. Through various disabilities we needed to be together but it fell on deaf ears. I have seen famiiies with children split to different areas of the plane. If you are willing to be split then no problems but if I were flying with my children/ grandchildren I would definately want them with me. Some like you say are lucky and get put together but theres never any guarantee.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
10. Re: Pre-booked seats

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks Beryl S I wasn't aware if you checked in the night before you could choose seats so I'll have a look into that.

Our children are older now so not too much of an issue but obviously we'd prefer to all be sat together.

Thanks again

Reply to: Pre-booked seats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations