We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Does anyone know exactly where the Kateros boat moors in Kos town, and where their ticket office is? It’s usually obvious enough, but I may well be short of time.

14 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

When I was in Kos in May, the Panagia Spiliani moored directly outside the Kosta Palace Hotel on the north side of the harbour. There was no sign of any ticket office, I suspect you buy tickets from one or several of the many travel agents in and around the Dimos (Town Hall) building on the west side of the harbour. Can't help with which ones though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
2. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Thank you. I’m sure it’s simple enough, but I’ve not allowed myself much time this trip.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

The Panagia Spiliani is indeed moored at the Kosta Palace Hotel in Kos. As far as I know you can get tickets with Exas Travel in Kos.

At the bottom of their homepage you find all information and a map with their locations: https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
4. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Many thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
482 posts
502 reviews
5. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Practically all the travel agents in Kos Town arrange excursions to Nisyros. The costs include the transfer from the hotel to Kardamena where the excursions start from.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Judging from his original post and subsequent comments, the OP is either arriving off a flight at Kos Airport or off another ferry rather than having spent the night in Kos Town and is tight for time to catch a same-day scheduled ferry to Nissyros. The specific ferry he is asking about leaves in the very late morning or early afternoon several days a week from Kos Town for Nissyros.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
7. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Yes, that’s the picture! A late morning boat from Kos town would be very convenient- travelling to Kardamena less so.

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

This is the sailing schedule of the Panagia Spiliani till 31 August: gonisyros.gr/en/…ship-itineraries-en.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
9. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
482 posts
502 reviews
10. Re: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros

No excursions to Nisyros operate from Kos Town only the regular ferries do.

Reply to: Ferry from Kos town to Nisyros
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations