We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Colombo to Habarana

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Colombo to Habarana

Hello,

I am interested in getting the train from Colombo Fort at 6.05am in July to Habarana. I know I cannot reserve a seat online but agencies online offer that service. Is it worth reserving and booking with an agency or is buying tickets on the day okay?

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Colombo to Habarana

Hi Lucy,

For the reserved carriage: your guess is as good as ours. Sometimes fully booked weeks ahead sometimes still last minute seats. For all other, unreservable, carriages: tickets never sell out but chance of loosing the scum and having to stand til Polgahawela at least are big.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya\

2. Re: Train from Colombo to Habarana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Habarana