We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking thru unesco sites

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
644 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking thru unesco sites

Thanks for all the help and Ive been able to decide on our itinerary. Let me know if I should make any changes and if it can be all seen in one day. I was thinking about leaving Hong Kong by 9am(is that early enough to make it to the grand lisboa for my 11:30 reservation?). From there we will have all day and night and as long as we can make the ferry bck to Hong Kong, we are not concerned about what time. Thanks again for your help!

Arrive by ferry and take free shuttle to grand lisboa

Dimsum reservations at 11:30 at the eight at GL

Now walk to st Augustine's square and visit the church, library and theatre

Walk to Mandarins house(this I'm not so sure how far of a walk this will be since we want to also go bck towards sneado square)

Walk bck to senado square

Maybe try to find a pork chop bun for a snack :)

Walk to Ruins of St. Paul

Visit Macau museum

And then exit where the cannons are

Walk to the garden where we can catch the cable car to guia

Now Im not sure if we will have time to also see the Grand Prix museum as well....

Have dinner at a baia Portuguese restaurant

Return bck to ferry to go bck to Hong Kong

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,711 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

9 am leaving Hong Kong - are you counting that this is the time you will be at the ferry pier? Or leaving your hotel in Hong Kong? If you leave your hotel in Hong Kong at 9 am, that depends on where your hotel is. If you are at the ferry pier at 9 am, you should be able to reach Grand Lisboa with a little time to spare.

From your itinerary draft, you won't finish lunch until 1 pm. After all these visits, by the time you get to Guia Hill the cable car will probably be closed, and so would be the Grand Prix Museum.

Getting a ferry back to Hong Kong is no problem, it is 24-hour.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Hi,

should be allright, depending on Macau immigration,and wait time for the GL's shuttle- possibly you could have 10-15mins "downtime" before your 1130am.

From St Augustine to Mandarin- beauty of Macau- short walk-only 8-10mins..and yes,you can do a loop and return back to Senado Square..and towards your right of the GPO building, locate Leitaria ISon for pork bun and nice bowl of steamed milk.

DO please make a note, the Mandarin House closes on Wed,whilst Grand Prix museum closes on Tue,and Margaret (for Portuguese egg tart) closes on Wed.

Then after dinner at A Baia, a nice evening stroll if you wish back to the ferry terminal.

(also check A Baia is close on Mon or Tuesday- just do a check to reconfirm-wife is not sure also- )- just leave space in tummy for molotov to go with bica.

Very Portuguese.though haha, owner at first thought was a Greek-- Mr Constantine (as to my perception a very royal Greek name after the name of of 11 Byzantine emperors),

then later found out, a variant of it - Constantino ...Senhor Jose easier for me to address.

Have fun and make sure put that comfortable walking shoes on,and still allow you into Eight. .

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
644 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Thanks, we are planning to catch the ferry departing at 9am. If we need to catch an earlier ferry departure, we can do that as well. I don't want to miss my dim sum reservation😋.

We will be going on a Friday so looks like all museums and restaurants should be open.

Maybe we can skip the Grand Prix museum.

And maybe be able to make the guia fortress with or without the cable car...

I

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
644 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Also should we take a taxi back to the ferry terminal. Is it very far to walk from a baia restaurant. How readily available are taxis and should negotiate a price prior? Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Hi again,

or you could just take the bus such as route 3A back to ferry terminal.

Bus stop is just outside the cultural centre.

A Baia is on what I called London- that's Portuguese for London, then it is parallel to Madrid,then parallel to SUn Yat Sen,which fronts the ocean.

That square I always just remember BPBRLMS- Berlin, Paris, Brussels, Rome London, Madrid, Sun Yat Sen - Been Playing Baccarat Roulette love Macau so much

Edited: 18 March 2015, 11:25
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Leaving 9 means arriving 10, through immigration 1030, at the place 1050.

Yes, taxi is always a good choice.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

Londres = London

8. Re: Walking thru unesco sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2016, 10:45