We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

Hi all,

I tried searching all over the internet about the transport from macau to guangzhou, but it would be good if some travel experts or local expert can provide some useful suggestions!

i am well aware that there are 2 options: by light rail and bus transport.

However, i will have 2 elderly travelling with me leaving macau to Guang Zhou on the 30th August. money is not an issue here, as i need the the most time saving option.

pls reply thanks all!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

* i am looking to hire a private taxi from macau to guang zhou. anyone know who much would it cost? pls advise if you have better suggestions

your reply is much appreciated!

Beijing
Level Contributor
540 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

Fastest way is by train. I think it's also the cheapest

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

>> i am looking to hire a private taxi from macau to guang zhou. anyone know who much would it cost? <<

I have no idea on the actual figure. But something like that, my guess is around RMB 1500 to 2000 for a cross-border vehicle service.

Go through the concierge at your hotel to get some leads. Get quote from a few providers and go from there.

The other resource is the (I think there are) cross-border limo service at Macau International Airport.

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

Guangzhou (GZ) is a huge city/sprawl it really depends on where you are trying to get to in GZ

Buses go to multiple locations from Zhuhai either from the Port Plaza or the bus station across the road. Unless you are familiar with travelling in China and are capable of dealing with the hot and intensely humid weather in late August, in the circumstances you describe I suggest not.

There are a number of daily direct bus services from a small bus office about 50m from the Beverley Plaza in Central Macau. IIRC the bus stops at a couple of other locations. Search CTS bus but chances are it is only on Chinese sites. If you are really interested in this option I have a copy of the timetable somewhere in my office.

Te train service from Zhuhai is excellent. Describing it as Light rail is a bit weird, but that is what it is called. It is basically a bullet train that travels at up to 180 Km/H. BUT it goes to Guangzhou South which really is a long way South and West of the main city. This or a pre booked Limo sound to be your best option. I really cant see you getting much change out of 3,000 Rmb for a limo. You might be able to haggle under 2000 with one of the many touts as you come out of immigration in Zhuhai. But frankly Chinese roads are scary enough.....

The train plus a taxi for 3 isn't going to be much over 400 to central GZ.

Be sure you have visas.

Mentioned in this post
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Zhuhai
Zhuhai
Guangdong, China
Macau
Macau
China
Beijing
Level Contributor
540 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

Once you get into Zhuhai, there will be lots of black taxis going to Guangzhou. I highly doubt the price is 2000 for a 2 hour trip. Probably more like 500 to 700. Regardless, I wouldn't deal with any of those people, if I couldn't speak Chinese and didn't know China.

As I said before, you should just take the train.

Mentioned in this post
Zhuhai
Zhuhai
Guangdong, China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,459 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

I think you have misunderstood.

The question was a cab service from MACAU to Guangzhou, not from Zhuhai to Guangzhou. They want from Macau to Guangzhou because of the 2 elderly so they don't have to go through the hardship of walking through the border with the crowd, standing in the queue, etc..

I have heard a cross-border limo ride from Hong Kong to Guangzhou being RMB 2000. Thus suggested my figure of from Macau to Guangzhou being similar.

Read #0: "...money is not an issue here, as i need the the most time saving option."

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Guangzhou
Guangzhou
Guangdong, China
Zhuhai
Zhuhai
Guangdong, China
7. Re: Macau to Guang Zhou ( suggestion for travel option)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 09:46