We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

hi, does anyone know how much is does a suckling pig cost approximately? Cant seem to find the info online. Understand they dont accept reservations too right?

How far is it from hotel royal pls?

Also, any advice on whats the best time to get there, to avoid the crowd? Thanks much!

Edited: 14 July 2014, 13:46
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

Hi,

Fernando’s is located right by the Hac Sa beach in Coloane

Can take 60minutes by bus from Hotel Royal.

What day are you planning.

At times on weekend, say Fri,Sat- can be full house at 6pm already.

You can call +853 882 264 to ask what is their current price for a suckling pig..you meant you want a whole suckling pig like when in Malaysia/Singapore weeding or CNY dinner?

I think ,though a very very very long time ago, a 1/4 of suckling pig, rounded up MOP200

Edited: 14 July 2014, 14:47
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

or is it MOP150..no problem calling..very cheap to call Macau from Singapore.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,570 posts
6,437 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

You can try The Eight at Grand Lisboa for very good suckling pig.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
39,343 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

I can't imagine it taking 60 min by bus. I'm sure it has been more like 30 when I've done it.

You are right about them not accepting reservations. We have usually resorted to arriving at 11:45am for their noon opening.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,694 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

~30 min for the bus ride. Maybe with waiting for the bus a little bit, here and there, 1 hour for the journey roughly.

Is Fernando's suckling pig similar to the Cantonese BBQ style suckling pig? Or very different?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

haha Zhuhai2007-- you were possibly asleep in the other 30minutes..or just lost track of time..haha..but my butt sore on that bus seat(fortunately got a seat) ..told me..damn, think it was at least 60minutes

Hmm buddy, of course Fernando will tell you..in his cranky mood..of course different! Look at the crowd..if it is the same...tell me why they are here...since year 1986...and I do not need air conditioned the place.

So you get drunk on my sangria whilst your name is noted on my wait list..and after those jugs of Sangria..my suckling pig is different..my pig is also different!.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,694 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

I am just wondering because very few cultures in this world handle suckling pigs. Maybe too little meat. Maybe for humane reasons. Maybe eye on the much bigger profit (the grown pig)... It is very hard to get the skins crispy. A work of art. Wondering if that is a Portuguese way or just Fernando's way.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

Actually when I was is Portugal, in Mealhada..saw they placed suckling pig into a wood-burning oven. Let me dig my travel journal when back in HK to tell you the exact restaurant name.

Similarly when I was in Bali, they have it known as babi guling. Ok tip,when you decide to go Bali-go to Pak Malen (Pak= uncle ). Ibu Oka is also OK.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

Thanks so much for the info! :)

10. Re: Opening hours & Getting to Fernando's Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 09:46