We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasons to visit Macau

Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Reasons to visit Macau

Was curious to why people visit Macau.

Obviously gambling is the main factor, is there any other draw card?

Eg, Vegas has conventions, lots of entertainment, great food.

What about Macau?

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Reasons to visit Macau

Besides great shows, wonderful Chinese and Portuguese food, the historic centre of Macau is the World Heritage Listed in 2005. It stands today as a living testimony to the integration and co-existence of eastern and western cultures over a unique chapter in history.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
28,878 posts
6,583 reviews
2. Re: Reasons to visit Macau

SeddyinVegas

Welcome to the Macau forum.

In addition to having a look at the 'Things to do' listings here on Tripadvisor, you can spend some time browsing the Macau Government Tourism Website as well as the following links.

Macau – Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Macau World Heritage (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i33082-Macau_Wo…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g664891-d619…

Macau Day Trip from HK (what you need to know)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Macau Day Trip (Macau Highlights – Day Trip)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g664891-d251…

Generally speaking, we usually suggest combining a visit to Hong Kong and Macau, they are separated by 50 minute ferry ride.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,463 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Reasons to visit Macau

Gambling is a vanishingly small reason in my love for the little city of Macau (in fact I much preferred it in the days when the Cotai strip was still under water and there was a sports field where the Grand Lisboa now stands).

I enjoy exploring all its little alleys and crannies on foot, the history, rummaging around in market stalls, the parks and gardens, striking up random conversations with folks (of course speaking Chinese helps with that one!), and of course the FOOD :-)

4. Re: Reasons to visit Macau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 10:47