We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Hi All,

Does anyone know the price for Johnnie Walker Blue Label (Normal Bottle/Cask, not King George V edition) from Macau Airport (departing) duty free shops. Flying Air Asia back to LCCT, KL. Its definitely more expensive in LCCT.

Thanks.

Raymond

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Macau airport is expensive. Buy it at yaohan or other shops instead...sorry not sure about the price, but compared others before. I think macau has no duty so not nevessary to buy at airport.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Bought Black Label & some others before last few trips, is cheaper than LCCT. Just wanna know how much is Blue Label, planning to ask my sister to get few bottles (few people) back to KL for an upcoming family dinner.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Hi RaymondChu, MOP1550 with some change.

By the way, ask sister and few people to pop over to One Central and enjoy the sight of Johnnie Walker Blue Label private bar. I was there at the opening-gorgeous! Priced at close to HKD1.5million.

Also get a bottle of Kweichow Moutai , I remember just under MOP1700

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Sister bought 3 bottles, more than MOP1550, its around 18++ - 1900, paid her back in round-up RM.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

good to hear that...so prices had gone up slightly..I still have two bottles-one is almost 12/13 years old,and the other,that I bought at Macau DF at MOP1550 is now close to three years old.

say MOP1900, so around MOP300 up- that is just under RM120- okay lah.

Enjoy and savor..neat and on the rocks..I prefer first..neat,then on rocks.

Wonder if your sister did go to One Central,that private bar is just amazing--you walk close, some sensor detects,and that beautiful bar from Porsche Design opens up.

haha, luckily sister did not ask to be paid back in HKD..then she says is going back next year because got the free seats from AirAsia.

Saw your postings in this forum and HK forum- welcome,and very good also your advices..hope to see more postings from you.

(actually how much are they selling it in LCCT- coming back in two weeks time to KL, before I go off to Australia).

In HKIA, very seldom see stock-- anyway, I am doing a ferry from HK to Macau, spent three nights there(at Sands Cotai),then air from Macau airport on AirAsia back to KL).

Cheerio

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Haha, i always go on the rock.

One Central, she didnt go and i think she wont go also when she is back in Macau next week. She more to shopping and beauty. Will ask my cousin and her husband, they are more to eating & drinking in Macau. (Have few relatives & friends working in Macau)

Haha, The AA free seats not exactly free anymore for hot destination like HK, Macau, Japan & Taiwan. Managed to grab KL - Osaka (1 way) & Tokyo - KL (1 way) total RM650/person excluding luggage, seats, meals & insurance. Be going Pearl Delta (HK, Macau, Zhuhai, Shenzhen) for summer sales this coming July.

Not too sure about Blue Label price in LCCT, caused last few trips also bought Black & Green Label from overseas duty free, but remember that is slightly expensive. Somemore the cashier is slow in LCCT, always long queue.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

Great to hear that.

Hmm, the shinkasen from Osaka to Tokyo, one way will cost you around JPY14000(close to RM600) if remembering from my trip.

Do drop by Okayama when in Osaka. The place of origin for famed Japanese denim jeans- Momotaro-peach boy. And home of Kirin beer. Enjoy. Planning to do "hanami"?

By the way, if you hold the CIMB credit card, avail yourself of discount on fragrances, cosmetics, chocolates, liquor, fashion apparel and accessories from Eraman Duty Free at KLIA and LCCT.

Seri Kembangan...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

i've got 1 bottle of johnnie walker blue label (by porsche design studio - chiller). and it's not available in lcct, not sure whether available in klia onot.

9. Re: Duty-Free Johnnie Walker Blue Label Price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:46