We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

Can anyone suggest some good locations (ideally something that is easily accessible by public transport) for viewing airplanes arriving and departing from Macau Airport?

Mentioned in this post
Macau Airport
Macau Airport
Macau, China
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8,358 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

The best place I know of is at the top of the hill right next to the airport - it's one of the very few places in Macau which has not been developed, so unfortunately there is no public transport, but you can walk up from a number of access points - I think the closest trailhead to public transport is in the Lake Garden near the Chinese Cemetery. Or get a taxi to take you up to the Tai Tam Shan Park (大潭山郊野公園).

Mentioned in this post
Macau
Macau
China
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

Thanks for that. Google maps and street view doesn't really show any trail access from Av. Son On. which is where the cemetery seems to be. That said, the street view is nearly 10 years old!

However, it looks like stopping at Jardim Do Lago/Edificio Do Lago, there's a road that leads up the hill to a set of trails that will get me there. It's a longer way around, but probably easier overall?

Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

>> Google maps and street view doesn't really show any trail access from Av. Son On. which is where the cemetery seems to be

The way should be much faster and walkable by going through Golden Crown China Hotel and arrive at Estr. da Ponta da Cabrita. https://goo.gl/maps/jqR5H6ZWbuF2

For Tourist I would never recommend walking through the Cemetery - The entrance of the cemetery on the Av. Son On side is hard to find as it is at the back of Audi Service Center and the hygiene is mediocre around that area.

BTW, I would rather check the view right outside Taipa Ferry Terminal which is right next to the restricted area of Macau Airport.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Crown China Hotel
Golden Crown China Hotel
118 Reviews
Macau, China
Macau Airport
Macau Airport
Macau, China
4. Re: Plane Spotting at Macau Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2018, 10:47