We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tigaki help

huddersfield
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tigaki help

Hi thinking about booking to this resort seems to be just what me and my family would enjoy,but we do like to stay a short stroll from beach or on it,dont mind a 10 to 20 min stroll on an evening for restaurants etc but hotel or apartments near a nice part of beach is a must any advice greatly appreciated

12 replies to this topic
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tigaki help

Tigaki Star is a brilliant little hotel with breakfast included and 5 minutes walk to the beach and bars/restaurants.

It also has a lovely large swimming pool.

Mentioned in this post
Tigaki's Star Hotel
Tigaki's Star Hotel
189 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tigaki help

Along with the suggestion made by John, some others you could look at are, Marianna, Sunshine, Mythos and possibly Kalloudis, but I heard they were not up to scratch last year. These are all apartments, they have pools and are within 10 minutes of the beach. The Mythos also do half board which isn't really necessary as there are enough other places to eat in Tigaki.

Come back on here and ask if you need any more information.

Mentioned in this post
Kalloudis Hotel
Kalloudis Hotel
248 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Tigaki Beach
Tigaki Beach
1,285 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,906 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tigaki help

Miros is also good and well positioned

huddersfield
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tigaki help

Thankyou for all your advice,out of all the suggestions which would you reccomend as i say nearer to a nice part of beach the better,i have a disabled child but she loves the beach can be a bit of a struggle carry everything too far thanks

lincoln
Level Contributor
197 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tigaki help

was expecting to see akti dimis suggested, so as it hasnt yet ill suggest it. in fact ill do more than suggest, ill highly recommend it.

first time in tigaki last month, we stayed at akti dimis and was so impressed we'd insist on staying there again if we visit tigaki again.

it seems to tick all your boxes, its right on the beach, (a lovely part of the beach), its 10 mins stroll into the main street and has a few lovely restaurants almost next to it.

bonus for us was the staff. a lovely couple of brothers run it, really friendly and helpful, the barmans a really good bloke too, the cleaners keep it really clean, i could go on, so i will..... :-) a good pool, padded sunbeds, and theres a little turtle pool/cage in the courtyard at the back, loved watching the turtles sunbathing or swimming.

we couldnt fault the place at all and as i say, if we go back to tigaki thats where we'll be looking at staying again.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tigaki help

I forgot about Akti Dimis. It would be a very good choice for the beach, it has a pool and gets many returning visitors. The beach is across the road and there are wooden duck boards so that you can get nearer to the sea. If your little one is walking then it may be a bit of a way into the centre for most of the restaurants but fairly easy along the pavement with a wheel chair.

Mentioned in this post
Akti Dimis Hotel
Akti Dimis Hotel
264 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tigaki help

Golden sun apartments are nice and 5 mins to beach they have a new play area and the owners are lovely

Leicester
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tigaki help

Akti dimis,you cant go wrong. Beach is a lot more peaceful that end but still only bout 7-8 minutes to Main Street and the busier part of beach. Great hotel

sheffield england
Level Contributor
74 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tigaki help

Akti dimis every time. Its across road from the beach and they have a lovely newly refurbished room for disabled guests. There is a supermarket and bars nearby too.

huddersfield
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tigaki help

Hi thankyou that certainly seems to fit with everything we are looking for so will definitely check that hotel out,just a quick heads up on tigaki itself is it simular to pefkos

Reply to: Tigaki help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations