We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas in Skala

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
Villas in Skala

Hi All

I wondered if anybody could recommend me a villa in SKala (or on the outskirts, not too far outside ideally).

It must have a private pool, but other than that we are open minded. It's only me and my partner so we only need 2 bedrooms max,

We went to Skala in June and there seemed to be lots of villas tucked away here there and everywhere, but the choice online doesn't seem so great(perhaps I'm not looking on the correct sites!?)

Budget is flexible, but wouldn't want to pay more than £1500 for around ten days.

Thanks

Dave

UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Villas in Skala

A lot of villas such at my mums you can only book 7 or 14 days unless beginning of end of the season .. Owners direct have a few 1 beds with pools .. We have a week left in August and a bit end of sept for this year https:/…p8047184

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi,

I know of four villas in Skala, just set back opposite the beach. They are about 10 minutes walk to the village. They are positioned to the side of the Melidron Hotel and just behind Villa Costa. Each of the villas has a private pool. I think you can book them through Thomas Cook & James Villas, possibly others. They are not huge, so ideal for you & your wife. However, on the forum people have said that a small supermarket is being built in front of these villas. I can't comment because I haven't been to Skala yet this year. but I am sure someone can help with the new new supermarket situation. I have always thought that these villas are in an ideal position because they are so close to the beach & you wouldn't need a car to get to the village - quite unusual, as most villas are a good distance away. One is called Villa Anna & another Villa Eliza (not to be confused with Villa Eliza Apartments). Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
3. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi Trefin17, thanks for your reply.

We were in Skala in June, staying at the Regina Del Aqua. I know the villas you are talking about, we always used to comment how nice they looked. You're right they are building something on the land in front of thosevillas. They were tarmaccing when we were there. Just wonder if the new build (supermarket you say?) will obstruct the lovely view?

Dave

Saint-Remy-de-Proven...
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Villas in Skala

Villa Athena in Skala is a little gem, only 1 bed but perfect for 2, really beautifully and comfortably furnished (nice bed & loungers etc) with every tiny detail thought of and lots of extras provided. Lovely private pool, patio and bedroom balcony terrace too. Had a lovely stay here a couple of years ago and hope to return soon. Walking distance of town but away from all the noise and traffic.

See Owners direct website, villa number 8039075. Have a great holiday!

https:/…p8039075

3 posts
5. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi you should check out ownersdirect. , mine is one of the four villas mentioned earlier ,to which I replied. , we are fully booked. This year. With just one week I believe in sept

3 posts
6. Re: Villas in Skala

I own one of the four villas , the super market is to the left. ,there's a small beach next to it which will serve the sunbeds on the beach when it opens in August

End of season there 2 tavernas being built I believe , and 3/4 small shops. , which will be sort of very low 3 metres in height I believe. The land in front of the villas. Slopes down to the beach. , so the view will still be there , I have seen the plans. And when its all finished will be a big asset. To all 4 villas. ,

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi Dave,

Have a look at airbnb too.

They seem to have quite a few places in Skala/Old Skala and you can map search the surrounding area for a bit further a field.

Sounds like progress is being made with the supermarket, and the new tavernas and shops will be welcome on the beach road.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
441 posts
8. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi there

Yeah they will be a welcome addition on the beach road. I'm glad you have seen the plans and are happy with them

Cheers

Dave

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Villas in Skala

Hi how was your stay at pelagos villa in kefalonia with Thompson as we are thinking of taking my family there ? Thank you .

10. Re: Villas in Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations