We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian in Skala

Wolverhampton...
8 posts
1 review
Vegetarian in Skala

I am holidaying in Skala in September and am beyond excited! I haven't been to Greece for 20 years and love vegetarian Greek food.

I am not precious about vegetarian restaurants I'd rather just go to a 'normal' restaurant that does great vegetarian food. Any recommendations of restaurants and good veggie dishes?

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

Hello,

I'm afraid I can't comment on Skala itself, but my partner and I are both veggie and have travelled most places round the island. (Just haven't managed down to Skala yet!)

We've eaten so well since we got here. You'll have absolutely no problem. My favourite main is Imam bayildi which is a slow cooked stuffed aubergine dish. Delicious!

Every place we've been have had some combination of traditional Greek dishes such as: stuffed tomatoes/peppers, giant beans, veg briam etc. So not just pasta/pizza (although those too have been superb!)

The starters/appetisers are also usually huge and a couple of these will be a good and filling option. Our faves here are: Dolmades (vine leaves), saganaki (fried halloumi-like cheese), cheese and spinach pies and courgette fritters.

Sorry I appear to have gone on a bit! As I say, we've not made it to Skala yet but I'm sure you'll be in the same position there. The food is to die for!

Is it dinner time yet?!

Wolverhampton...
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

Thanks so much really appreciate the info sounds yummy!

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
99 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

I’m not vegetarian but often chose the vegetable dishes in Skala. I find Paspalis to be good in that respect, great saganaki with honey and sesame seeds, spinach pies, cheese pies to start. Plus imam, briam and vegetable mousaka for mains are my favourites. I hope they’ve not changed the menu too much this year as we return next week.

Wolverhampton...
8 posts
1 review
4. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

Thanks so much Will definitely be trying your recommendation!

Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

Hi,

Not sure if you have already had your holiday in Skala? or are currently on it but I know that the restaurant Old Times does vegetarian Mousaka. I didn’t actually order the dish but both what me and partner had there was lovely. It’s a very pretty restaurant overlooking the sea.

Thanks,

Wolverhampton...
8 posts
1 review
6. Re: Vegetarian in Skala

Thanks so much for replying very kind of you. Regrettably we have been back from skala a week now but weirdly I did actually go to old times and had the moussaka which was delicious!!!! Thanks again

Reply to: Vegetarian in Skala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations