We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skala or lassi

England
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Skala or lassi

Seen this question a few times and still undecided. We went to Lassi 16 yrs ago and had a fabulous holiday with every day on the beach. But now a little older, sensible and love good food! So considering Skala - welcome advise ...

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
893 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skala or lassi

The beaches in Lassi are just about the same as years ago, according to recent reports. Last year was not the best year. If good food is what you want, plenty of good tavernas, many of which have been around for years with a few new ones thrown in. For a change you can head into the capital Agorstoli .

We are Lassi regulars, so just a tad biased. We did try Skala one year, but were back in Lassi the next year.

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skala or lassi

Well I'm older, not sensible, spend every day on the beach & love good food, so I'll be in Lassi😂😂😂

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,227 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skala or lassi

Hi,

As you will probably know this is a popular question.

You will get about 45% voting for Lassi, 45% for Skala and 10% suggesting a different resort altogether!

You know a lot about Lassi so a few points about Skala.,The beaches are not so sandy but a mixture of sand and shingle. They are however a lot longer than the ones in Lassi. Skala is a village that has grown up so it still has a centre. It also has the sort of shops that locals would use for their everyday needs. Just be aware that some newer accommodation is up to about 5km from the town but still claim to be in Skala.

Now sit back and wait for the preferences!😊😊

Bob

Edited: 24 March 2017, 00:26
Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
South East UK
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skala or lassi

We're firmly in Team Lassi at the moment but we've booked a night in Skala during our holiday this year just to get a feel for it after only ever having a brief wander round in previous holidays.

Tbh, I've never heard of anyone having a bad holiday in Kefalonia so I'm sure whichever you choose, it'll be wonderful

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skala or lassi

Hi i be one of the 10% and recommend either Agia Efimia or Fiscardo to spend your holiday. Lassi is ok for a few days and Skala we really like lots of great boat trips to do and you are also near to katelios a lovely chill out resort but we prefer the north of the island as it has a completely different feel, especially Fiscardo, but wherever you go am sure you have a great holiday

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skala or lassi

Lassi camp for me. The view from Grand Logos Bar or Dionysos Resort as sunset aproaches is just fab across the Lixouri hills and seals the deal for me out of your two choices. Prefer cocktails at Trentis though. Makris Gialos takes alot of beating as a perfect sandy beach. However Im fancying Fiscardo....

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
westyorks
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skala or lassi

Hi, I think we are with thisisthe1 on this issue, we enjoy the beaches and restaurants of Lassi, also the proximity of Argostoli. We usually start the day on the beach ,swimming and laying in the sun before it becomes too hot with a nice lunch. Afterwards we return to our accommodation and relax round the pool and decide which of the many tavernas we will visit that evening. Mmmm lazy days!.

Although the beach at Skala is quite long we find it too pebbly to be comfortable on , also the sea can be quite deep in just a matter of feet on entering.

So, Lassi gets the thumbs up from us!

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skala or lassi

Skala is our firm favourite - still retains a village feel, nice square and church, fabulous tavernas, always a space on the beach which is vast and a wonderful, warm welcome. However as already said - anywhere on Kefalonia would do me.....

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skala or lassi

No worries, you will have a great time whichever you choose!! 😊😊. Went to Lassi many years ago, our first fabulous trip to Kefalonia, then to Skala some years later. Our return visit more recently was to Skala, which we thoroughky enjoyed again. Definitely more of a village feel but then it doesn't have Argostolli on the doorstep, nor Lixouri accessible so easily, Haha, wouldn't know which to return to again myself, let alone advise anyone else, but why not try Skala this time, then you will have the same future dilemma as many others have, return to Lassi or Skala? Enjoy whichever you choose!! 😉😉

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skala or lassi

Skala for us, the beach is only a 10-15 minute walk from any of the hotels. starting with the bars, can not beat the view anytime of the day / night from Waves and Metaxa bar both of which both do a great pint for me and cocktail for the wife along with delicious food. Enough taverna's (to many to mention) to eat in a different 1 for a month.

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Get answers to your questions about Skala