We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving along the coastal road North of Skala

Surrey, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
driving along the coastal road North of Skala

Next summer I need to drive from Mounda Beach to the Apostolata Hotel, which is along the coastal road North of Skala. When I look it up on Google Maps it takes me inland and says it takes 40 minutes. I have been told it's a 10 minute drive along the coast road. Once when I looked at Google Maps, it showed a section of the coast road as being closed - which might be why I was being directed inland. Does anyone know if that coast road is - or will be - open in the summer? If not, I may need to change my hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Mounda Beach
Mounda Beach
47 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
983 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving along the coastal road North of Skala

As far as I'm aware the road north out of Skala is open; or at least it was last summer and no one has mentioned in being closed either here or on Facebook.

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,797 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving along the coastal road North of Skala

Hi and welcome,

Google has been getting this wrong for years. We had to correct it for several folks last year, and the year before.

MissChief1, another contributor, actually contacted Google but it looks as though they have paid no attention.

You should have no problems.

Bob

Siena, Italy
Level Contributor
138 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving along the coastal road North of Skala

Shmish, the drive from Mounda to the Apostolata resort should take 10-15 minutes max!

Mentioned in this post
Mounda Beach Hotel
Mounda Beach Hotel
105 Reviews
Cephalonia, Greece
4. Re: driving along the coastal road North of Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Skala