We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

My wife and are planning trip July 17-22 with stay at Turlte Nest Inn. We understand it is not in main area and like the idea of being a little farther away for R&R. I know the beach area although good for snorkeling is not for swimming. I had a few questions for anyone with experience staying at this property or folks familiar with it:

* What beach should we go to for swimming and hanging out?

* I know we will have to drive to restaurants. Would like good food and decent wine list with outdoor dining?

* Any info on renting a boat for 1/2 day?

* Any other restaurant reccomendations for lunch/dinner. Some good local places?

As always I appreciate anyone taking the time to respond.

Thanks

Neilio

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

My wife and I stayed at the TNI last year. Our favorite non-snorkeling beach was Rum Point. Seven Mile Beach would also be another choice. if you want isolation, the you can have miles of beach to yourself in Barkers National Park.

The staff at the TNI are real helpful. They can provide you info on restaurants and your boat rental question. We did not eat out much while we were in GC, so I cannot give as much help as others on that subject.

Some photos of our trip (includes photos of TNI, Rum Point, SMB, and Barkers NP).

flickr.com/photos/…

Waterville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
2. Re: Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

My husband and I stayed at the Turtle Nest in Sept. 2010. We loved the beach and pool area at the Inn so much that we hated to leave it. They provide comfortable Adirondack chairs and small tables on the beach. No, the ocean floor there is not smooth sandy - there are rounded rocks and turtle grass. But these are all part of the reef environment and should not be disturbed. The apartment and condo kitchens are fully equipped, and local groceries are well stocked and modern. There is a large gas grill on the pool deck for the guests to use, so "eating in" is easy. We enjoyed an elegant meal at The Lighthouse http://www.lighthouse.ky/home.html which is just a few miles east of TNI. We dined twice at The Brick House in Grand Harbour, and once at Chicken!Chicken! on Seven Mile Beach. If you want native island cooking in a casual outdoor setting, then Vivene's Kitchen on the East End is where you want to be. The Grape Tree Cafe next to the TNI is another great choice for local fish, right on the beach.

TNI staff will help you with your half day charter. Stingray City and Sandbar is an absolute must-do, and Rum Point is one of the most beautiful, unspoiled beaches on the island (surpasses the touristy Seven Mile Beach in my opinion).

I hope you enjoy TNI as much as we did. We can't wait to return.

Wilmington NC
5 posts
3. Re: Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

Hi Neilio,

We'll see you there...2 of us are staying a TNI July 13th to 27th!

Getting Married while there also, informal, no guests, just the 2 of us in shorts and flip flops.

We also want a boat charter for 1/2 day, so we'll compare notes when you arrive. I'm researching this now, may be less expensive to share cost?

Look us up in Unit #4...Randy and Adie from North Carolina

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions

Any thoughts on front rooms? Whats out front?

Reply to: Staying at Turtle Nest July 17-22-A few questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bodden Town