We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have I made the right choice

Adelaide
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
Have I made the right choice

We have booked to stay in Lierna for 7nights in September.

We wanted somewhere small / on the lake with views / and not too expensive. That is why I choose there.

We will go there by train after a cruise from Venice and then on leaving we will go into Verona for 2 nights before our flight home.

Now I am wondering if it was the right choice,

We would use public transport and I could see that the train station was nearby. Not far to then go to Varenna for day trips out on ferries etc.

Do trains run regularly into Lierna station?

Can you suggest some day trips out from here.

Can anyone help me in knowing I have made the right choice or make some other suggestion. I am now wondering if Varenna would have been a better choice.

Thanks for any information!

5 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
998 posts
1. Re: Have I made the right choice

Lierna is a little village on th easter leg of the lake.

It is not very tourist or interesting itself

There are only a couple of boat courses if you need reach the central part of the lake, the most interesting.

In Lierna there is a train station and a train to Varenna stops about each hour. You can catch it, and once in Varenna catch the ferry to visit the lake.

If you like hiking there is a nice walks called Sentiero del viandante, and some nice beaches.

Brezza

Bedsfordshire
1 post
2. Re: Have I made the right choice

Thank you I am planning to stay in Lierna and need to know if the trains stop there from Bergamo and how often.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 15:16
Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
3. Re: Have I made the right choice

From Bergamo you need to change at Lecco and the trains are roughy every hour.

Point Reyes...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Have I made the right choice

Hi, I see you wrote this post a while ago, and wondered if you were happy with your decision in the end. We are deciding whether to rent a house in Lierna (for 11 people) for 5 days or elsewhere in the area. Would you mind letting us know if Lierna was a good base for sight-seeing

Tucker, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Have I made the right choice

Boat service to Lierna is minimal/trivial. If that matters to your group.

Reply to: Have I made the right choice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lierna