We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
383 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

For our honeymoon, we're spending the first few nights in Bellagio. I was wondering if it was worth cutting our Bellagio stay short (2 nights instead of 4?) to split and spend the other 2 nights at Villa Feltrinelli?

Wasn't sure if 2 nights would be too short and not worth the moving around?

We're also planning to go to Venice from Bellagio so was thinking Lake Garda was on the way? How far / easy is it to travel from Lake Garda to Venice? 2 days enough here?

Thanks!!!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

Hi, to get to Venice from Gargnano you could take a bus or taxi (or even a ferry) to Desenzano from where you would get a train to Venice.

However, as much as I love Lake Garda, I have to say that I think that it makes more sense to stay at Bellagio for the four days. To spend one day packing, travelling to Gargnano by train/ bus, checking in and unpacking again seems such a waste of a precious day. Especially if you will be doing it all again a couple of days later to go to Venice.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
383 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

You know what, you're right! I'd like our honeymoon to feel relaxed so 4 days at the first stop (Bellagio) should be ideal and then off to Venice for another 4 days.

And I assume Bellagio is probably a must see for our first time in the Lakes area.

Cheers and thanks!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

Hi again, I have never been to Bellagio but, from all the comments I read on these forums, it sounds like a beautiful place. Have a wonderful time!

4. Re: Villa Feltrinelli 2 days in Oct? How far from Venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 13:06
Get answers to your questions about Gargnano