We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

Reading, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

My family and I are thinking of going to the Pal Beach Appts in Palamos in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone tell me anything about the area and the apartments? Is there enough to do on a 14 night holiday? Having two young children, we don't want to spend every minute on the beach. Is a car essential? Are there plenty of restaurants to choose from?

Any info would be appreciated.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
334 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

Hi Jo

I would love to help but my information is way out of date as it is a few years ago since we have been, in fact I mention Pal Beach in my post Forgotten Palamos. If the place hasn't changed, which is a possibility, then you would struggle on a 14 night holiday with 2 young ones, as beautiful as I remember the place to be, I would advise car hire.

We would walk along the coast, slowly, which had two purposes, one was to see a little more of the area and the other was to tire out the children LOL. At the time we were in Palamos we had friends, with children, staying not far away at Playa de Aro so we would go and visit, taking the bus.

So as I say, apologies for this post as its not really of much use, I appreciate that, but on recollection, car hire would be advisable.

Reading, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

Many thanks for your response, any information is helpful. If we choose this destination, we will hire a car!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
913 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

I've had a quick look at the apartments which seem to be in the middle of Palamos town and fairly basic. I don't know them personally but do wonder about the price which seems to be very cheap for high season.

If your budget will stretch to it (and if there are still any vacancies of course) you might be better looking for something a little further up the coast in the Calella de Palafrugell or Tamariu area. Or Estartit at a pinch.

Palamos is a interesting small town to go and watch the fishing boats come in or browse the shops and have a meal but I'm not sure I would want to be based there for a fortnight with small children.

Sorry to put a damper on things.

Reading, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

Thanks so much SammysGranny, really appreciate your comments. I understand what you are saying re. the apartments, but as we are booking very late, it's slim pickings on the accommodation front!!

I will certainly have a look at the areas you mentioned and maybe we'll give Palamos a miss!

5. Re: Palamos and Pal Beach Appts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 13:47
Get answers to your questions about Palamos
More Palamos Topics