We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

warrington
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

Hello, looking at Corfu for first wk June 2017. Having never been I have no idea which resort or side of the coast. I definitely fancy the north of the island. Kassiopi looks very nice on the east, is this resort more expensive than others? Also, I've looked at San stefanos west, paleokastritsa, agios Georgios, and agios Gordios a little further down. We like nice scenery, warm seas for swimming, a choice of traditional tavernas, car or bike hire, walking. Don't want somewhere really quiet and small but don't want somewhere full of bars! Just a happy medium. Been to Alykanas on zante, really liked it here but want something more picturesque and authentic this time.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

All the resorts you have named would be good. Paleokastritsa if about the most picturesque and set along a coastal road. Kassiopi, Arillas and Agios Gordios are more compact and, maybe, more suitable for those not wanting to walk so far. As to expense, there are similar price tavernas and bars in most villages. You do do tend to pay a little extra in the more desirable locations but not a lot !

warrington
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

Thanks Nick.

I have been reading some reviews and I'm concerned to hear some people talk about paleo beaches being dirty?? I'm not sure how true this is as photos look beautiful. I've seen a nice hotel in Arllias and I'm contemplating staying here but it doesn't look very picturesque in comparison.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

The main beach of Paleokastritsa has many day trippers and, inevitably, there can be waste left. However, there are several other beaches along the length of the resort. As to Arillas, we had a day there this year and we would gladly stay there on holiday. It certainly would suit us.

norfolk
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

Been to Arillas and Paleo, both great! Arillas is more compact, Paleo is like one long village set on the main road and is a good walk from one end to the other. We like walking so we prefer Paleo.

jersey,Channel Isles
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

I agree both are great. I have not stayed anywhere in Arillas that wasn't good to be honest. I have never had a bad holiday there and I have been 8 times. Fabulous restaurants and a couple of lovely bars. I also love Paleokastritsa , we used to do a two centre holiday in both resorts.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
372 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

We absolutely love Kassiopi,, there is a lovely harbour area, with boat trips and enough restaurants and bars to give you plenty of choice without being overpowering. They have a good selection of prices and we have never found Kassiopi more expensive than other places.

It is a very compact town, you will find it easy to walk around and there are many walks from here including one round the headland where the beautiful beaches are. It sounds exactly what you are looking for.. Have a look here - http://www.kassiopi-bliss.com/ for a virtual tour of this fantastic resort...

warrington
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

Thanks for all your advice, I think that I will make my choice based on a nice apartment as all 3 resorts sound like I can't go wrong. I am beginning to lean toward kassiopi or Arillas and will perhaps just visit paleokastritsa for a day trip. We will hire a small car or quad so will make a point to get around most northern best parts. I've seen so much I want to do its a shame I will only have 1 week!! I fancy the boat trips from kassiopi and maybe even a day trip to parga...

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

Hi, Having been to both I would opt for Kassiopi, Arillas is lovely but certainly not picturesque, very low key and chilled, loads more to see and do in Kassiopi and easy to get about from if hiring a vehicle.

London
Level Contributor
439 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

I stayed in Kassiopi for the first time in May and would recommend it. Lovely harbour, great shops and superb restaurants. It was very reasonable in terms of price too.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Help needed for first timers!!! Which resort??

I totally agree. Go with Kassiopi such a lovely resort and great for a first time visit

Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations