We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable car hire firms

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
207 posts
27 reviews
Reputable car hire firms

Hi, Has anyone had recent experience of hiring a car in Corfu and not been troubled by the usual 'empty petrol tank on return' or sudden 'damage discovery' problems that often occur throughout this area. Also preferabley ones that dont require credit cards as payment.

Many thanks.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Reputable car hire firms

Dromeas at Roda would satisfy all of your criteria.

Steve

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
572 posts
115 reviews
2. Re: Reputable car hire firms

Value plus are great too

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,490 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Reputable car hire firms

Also very happy to recommend Value Plus, and Sophia and Yianni. Pay on arrival in euros, transparent T&Cs. Return the car with the (approximately half tank) of petrol that it has when you take it

http://www.corfucarrentals.com/

Edited: 10 December 2015, 14:42
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
207 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Reputable car hire firms

Value plus it is then, thanks guys.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,490 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Reputable car hire firms

No problem. If you want airport delivery/drop-off, Yianni or one of the family will meet you at arrivals, and the cars are one minute from the door, where you also drop the car off at the end of your hire period. You don't have to pay the usual parking charges, the cost is covered for you. Alternatively, they will deliver to you in Town if that's what you need (not sure what the cost differential might be as I always collect and drop-off at the airport= quick self-transfer!). A 2nd driver is also covered (licence needed obviously), which I always bargain for although I'm the holiday driver (just in case anything means that I can't drive). All the best.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
79 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Reputable car hire firms

In 2014 we rented a car from Fair Deal Car Hire for 6 days. They had really good prices and the car was in a good condition. They delivered it to the hotel where we could pay by cash. They didn't even need a deposit or a credit card number. We had to give back the car with the same amount of petrol as we had got it (cc half a tank). Would use them again.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Reputable car hire firms

'Top Cars' have been very popular with visitors for many years and have received numerous excellent reviews on other long-running forums. They take cash as well as other forms of payment and as there is 'no 'excess' there is little risk of you facing damage claims as long as you are careful how you drive (to avoid underneath and tyre damage). We have used them for many years and can highly recommend them.

When you take delivery the amount of fuel in the tank is pointed out to you and you are askded to return the car with the same amount of fuel in it.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Reputable car hire firms

We have just arrived back from Corfu - first time there so I was nervous about renting a car from a firm I didn't know well. I need not have worried at all. Giannis from Top Car arrived at our hotel bang on time with a clean and petrol-filled car. His deal includes fully comp insurance and no excess (other than tyres and underside of vehicle) so there was no standing around in the heat checking for previous scratches or waiting on other customers. I paid my Euros and off we went for a fabulous week. we were asked to deliver the car back to the airport - which we did at 9.30 at night (following a delicious meal at Nautilus restaurant just 2 minutes drive away on the sea front - highly recommend the crab cakes) . You drive along past arrivals to the end of the Departure secton where Giannis had someone with a clearly labelled clip board waiting to pick up the car. we hoppped out - picked up our luggage and were in the terminal building within 45 seconds. Amazing! great service, value for money and really clear communication - we'll be using Top Car again for sure.

9. Re: Reputable car hire firms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2017, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations