We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches near cruise port

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches near cruise port

We're visiting Corfu on a cruise and need a little guidance please. We've got a fair few more expensive excursions at other ports so are trying to keep costs down. Ideally we'd like a beach for our young kids (3 & 6) - but we're struggling finding much within close proximity.

It's also been suggested to take a boat across to Vidos - but I don't know how reliable this is, costs, whether you just turn up and get on/pre book? Any advise here would also be good.

Also, given the age of our children, we really need to be within walking distance of a toilet and a restaurant/cafe/shop ideally.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Vidos
Vidos
78 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches near cruise port

See "Top questions about Corfu" Just to the top right of this page :)

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches near cruise port

Thanks. This too mentions Vidos - looks really nice and are tempted by this. Can't find much info on it though, any ideas?

Mentioned in this post
Vidos
Vidos
78 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches near cruise port

HI Sorry, I can't comment through experience, hopefully someone else can

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches near cruise port

Boats leave from the port of Corfu approximately hourly for Vidos. You don't have to reserve. Vidos which is unspoiled with clear water but I wouldn't necessarily advise it for a family with young children. To get to the best beaches you have to hike a ways through a (pleasant) pine forest. If memory serves the only toilets and cafe are near where the boat docks. I think the cafe is open all day but the restaurant closes in the afternoon.

It's not as fashionable, but I would suggest the beach at Mon Repos in Garitsa around the bay from Corfu town. You could walk there, but on a hot day with children I'd take a bus or taxi. There is a very modest entry fee, but for that you have access to toilets, showers, a cafe and restaurant, and amusements for children such as swings and a foosball table. The beach is sandy but there are rocks once you enter the sea, so beach shoes are advisable at least for the children. (The same is true of Vidos, again if memory serves.)

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Vidos
Vidos
78 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
5. Re: Beaches near cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations