We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
48 posts
199 reviews
How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

i booked to travel to Corfu in July 22 and i am concerned because of Greece's economic problems

Is the life there as usual??

Is there a shortage of petrol for the car??

Will i be able to widraw money from ATM???

Is anybody holidaying there please let me know

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
11. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I've just booked for October and I'm not fazed by the situation. Even if there's a been a Grexit I'm confident I'll still be able to spend euros alongside drachmas and sterling. I wanted to fly with Aegean but it wasn't possible from Manchester but I'm certainly going to put as much cash as I can into the Corfiot economy. Solidarity!

12. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 19:15
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
13. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Just had a fantastic week near San Stefano - will review later but just wanted to say the massive media hype in UK is just that - plenty of places taking cards tho we brought cash, no issue getting petrol, but as others have said, it feels very quiet and the wonderful locals need the tourists to come! And there's no VAT on sunshine!

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
131 reviews
14. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Been in Paxos and Corfu since 10th July no problems I don't think the Greeks have seen the press in UK and have not seen one queue at a cash point. The only difference is the VAT has gone up

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
131 reviews
15. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

See my reply earlier the Greeks are oblivious. Wanted to post a recommendation to visit Saranda did an excellent tour from Corfu withionian cruises

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
131 reviews
16. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Agree the British press have had a field day the Greeks are oblivious

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
320 reviews
17. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Not sure oblivious is the right word. When we were in Corfu at the end of June beginning July it was business as normal if pretty quiet but all the shopkeepers, bar people we spoke to were concerned about the economic situation and the effect it is having on the tourism industry. Their plea was for visitors to continue to enjoy their wonderful hospitality. They were perhaps accepting of the dire situation the country is in but not to my mind oblivious.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
119 reviews
18. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I agree - the Greeks are far from oblivious, but they are keeping their heads down and making the most of what is, so far, a successful season.

Steve

19. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations