We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
49 posts
201 reviews
How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

i booked to travel to Corfu in July 22 and i am concerned because of Greece's economic problems

Is the life there as usual??

Is there a shortage of petrol for the car??

Will i be able to widraw money from ATM???

Is anybody holidaying there please let me know

Corfu
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Yes,

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,490 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I returned a few days ago, and had no problem with ATMs at the time, or getting petrol at the many petrol stations.

Ensure you take a good amount of euros with you in cash, and otherwise please keep abreast of the overall situation at this long, but very useful and sensible topic

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k85…

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

The situation a few days ago is not what we have now - at least until next Tuesday when the referendum results are clear. This topic is covered more fully on other threads, but bring euros and enjoy your stay - you may not notice any difference.

Steve

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
328 reviews
4. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Think the advice is keep up to date with the news. We're currently in Corfu Town and there seems little difference - buses running as normal, everywhere seems pretty busy. We brought lots of cash so haven't had to use ATMs but haven't seen any queues. Even found it ok changing 100euro note in a shop though might be better to get smaller ones if you can. But by 22 July who knows??

Arlandastad, Sweden
Level Contributor
436 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I can just encourage people to pay with a card WHERE possible. LEAVE that cash in the ATM for those that really need it.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

There was one ATM empty here this morning, but I believe there was a queue of tourists first thing. This is not what we need at the moment as it gets wrongly reported and even more people panic . Please be calm & sensible.

Steve

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
328 reviews
7. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I agree. We should be bringing money in, using cards if we can and not emptying the ATMs. The Greek residents need the cash.

London, United...
2 posts
8. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

Yes there are problems with all ATM machines also shops and restaurants are not accepting credit cards or debit cards so bring cash Euros also sterling the exchange rate is 1.33 here in St George's South

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
119 reviews
9. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I'm assured that all the ATMs in Roda are working, restaurants are accepting cards and the best rate here in Roda is currently €1.37/GBP.

Steve

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: How is corfu now with greece economic problems???

I was in town yesterday no shortages that I could see atms and petrol station being used..bus,s still running .etc...this island is struggling with tourists numbers well down.. so come on all.you brits support them they need us

Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations