We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
*Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

Hi, me & my mum are travelling to Corfu in the summer and are staying in the Aquis Mon Repos Hotel. We would like to get around the island & have been recommended to visit Paleokastritsa! Is there somewhere to hire a quad/buggy or even scooter within walking distance to the hotel? Also, what will I need with me to hire one of these vehicles? Any help & other recommendations of places to visit would be much appreciated as we have never been to Corfu before! Thanks in advance :)

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
742 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: *Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

The front desk at the hotel will be able to call a company for you and rent a bike. Most of the scooter hire companies are located at the resorts... In Corfu town, most of them are around the port, on the other side of Corfu town. You can also reach Paleokastritsa by bus, to avoid driving back and forth. There are frequent departures from/to Corfu town. If you decide to ride one of those quads/bikes to Paleokastritsa, then you must drive up to Lakones, a village overlooking Paleo, with a great view !! It's only 5 min ride !

Patras, Greece
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: *Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

To hire you will need UK driving licence and some ID (passport) and credit card - not sure about debit cards. Have you ridden a quad before?

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: *Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

Thank you Kerkyraious for your reply - I will speak to them upon arrival. I'm really excited to trip around the island & will absolutely visit Lakones. Colin M thanks for coming back to me - yes I've had quads in the past but think I'd prefer a buggy so that we can sit side by side, also it may offer us a little more safety... Only just! I will make sure I take all those documents. Given that we are staying in Corfu Town do either of you have any recommendations for restaurants / bars or sight seeing areas?

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
742 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: *Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

The hotel you'll be staying in, is within walking distance from the center of Old Corfu town. Just walk along the bay of Garitsa, you'll see the old fortress and voila, you're in Spianada square, Liston , the Palace at the far end ( museum of Asian art)..

You can try the Mouragia taverna , behind the palace, the Pergola taverna at he old town, Rex restaurant( abit expensive but good service), and many other places. Get a "pikila" along with an ouzo or beer at the Nautilus" cafe , very close to the hotel. Have souvlaki or other grilled food at one of the grill restaurants at the Garitsa park, also very close to the hotel !!!

And last but not least, if you happen to be riding along the north east part - Kassiopi - then, go all the way to Old Perithia and have lunch or dinner at one of the local tavernas there. You will not regret it !!

Have fun, drive very carefully , ewar a helmet at all times. Enjoy !!

5. Re: *Travelling around Corfu* Quad/Dune Buggy Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations