We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

Can anyone tell me the best beach also if there are shops and taverna's, something to wander round, we are in our 50s,and don't want the resorts where the young ones go, Many Thanks.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

There are write a few resorts that are nice. East coast is pebbly, West coast is Sandy. Have a read up on Arillas, Agios Gordios, Paleokastritsa, San Stefano NW. These are all sandy beach resorts with tavernas suitable for all. The party goers don't go here. There are websites foe each of these places if you google them. A good place to start.

Mentioned in this post
Sandy Beach Resort
Sandy Beach Resort
3,437 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Arillas
Arillas
Corfu, Greece
Agios Gordios
Agios Gordios
Corfu, Greece
Paleokastritsa
Paleokastritsa
Corfu, Greece
Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

Best beach in my opinion is Marathia on the south west coast, sometimes this is also known as Maltas,, or even Santa Barbara, as the beach is approximately 2 kms long, and is sand all the way. Depending on which part of the beach you are on depends on whether you are on Marathia, or Santa Barbara. It is quiet apart from Sundays when the WAVES beach bar spoils it in my opinion as they have discos' for the young greeks and of course tourists who learn about it.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Thank you for all your help and for your time.

Lymm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

Please note that Santa Barbara is not the USA one

I haven't gone stupid for once :-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

Lol it looks lovely in the picture above.

6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations