We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

We are in Corfu town for a day. We have been a number of times before and would like to travel (not too far) to somewhere to swim, have a coffee and nice lunch. Any ideas? I shall be travelling with my elderly parents.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
The Tandoori Bites
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Indian, Asian
Anthos Restaurant
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Mediterranean
The Venetian Well
₹₹₹₹, Mediterranean, European, Greek
Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
856 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

You could try Agni Bay about 45 mins from the port by taxi. Stunningly beautiful with 3 tavernas with sunbeds and a pebble beach and kayaks to hire. I can recommend Toula's and Agni Taverna.

Mentioned in this post
Toula's
Toula's
420 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

Sounds ideal! Any idea of a price for the taxi?

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
856 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

That won't come cheap, I estimate around 80/90 euros return. You may be better to hire a car for the day. Another alternative is to ask Toula's, Agni Taverna or Agni boats if they can arrange a speed boat pick-up from the port, again it wouldn't be cheap but a fantastic experience.Hope this helps and let us know what you decide on.

Mentioned in this post
Toula's
Toula's
420 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

Why not stay in Corfu Town? Have you been to Garitsa Bay? Swim off the jetty with the locals and have lunch at Nautilus overlooking the old fort - all very special. I'll be there soon doing just that ... later today, even.

Steve

Edited: 23 June 2014, 02:55
Mentioned in this post
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
5. Re: One day in Corfu town and want to go elsewhere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town