We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

Hi I am traveling to Lefkada with my boyfriend, we could not get direct flights to Geni in Lefkada so we are flying to Corfu , We have hired a car and was hoping to a ferry to Preveza and drive to Tranquil bay in Geni. Can anyone give me details of ferry crossing or has anyone done this journey by ferry and car ? Any advice would be appreciated !! thank you

Mentioned in this post
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Preveza
Preveza
Preveza Region, Greece
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,691 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

First thing you need to check is that the hire company will allow to take their car on a ferry. Many either do not, or ask for extra payment otherwise you are not insured. If you do have the necessary permission you can cross by ferry to Igoumenitsa, then drive to Lefkada as it is linked to the mainland by a bridge. Without evidence of permission for ferry travel you may be denied boarding.

The alternative is to cross to Igoumenitsa as foot passengers & hire a car from the port. This will also save the cost of the fare for the car.

Mentioned in this post
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

Thank you for your advice , my boyfriend has contacted the car hire and we do have permission to drive to Lefkada. Do you know a web site that I could book the ferry with at all ? I have been looking on line but have not had much luck !! Thanks once again

Mentioned in this post
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,691 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

The ferries from Corfu to Igoumenitsa run to & fro all day from early morning to evening. You just turn up & get a ticket at the port office for the next available one.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

ok thank you for your advice. sorry to keep asking you sooo many questions but do you know how much it costs for the ferry and how long the crossing is at all ? We are leaving on Friday to fly to Corfu and was hoping to do the ferry crossing on the Sunday afternoon .

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,691 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

The crossing was about 1.25 hours when we did it I think. Sorry - cannot help on the cost, as it is several years since we did this trip & then only as a foot passengers. This has been discussed on here before quite recently so try doing a forum search with "Igoumenitsa ferry cost" & I am sure it will bring up some more info if no one else comes forward with the current fares.

6. Re: Does anyone know what car ferry i can get from corfu to Geni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town