We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
10 reviews
Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

Can someone report this to TA? It has been going on for several days. Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

LOL!! Well, you just 'may' be doin' something off here LLongTallTexan..I know I've fumbled around myself and am no techno-diva for sure;-) Why not just try the search function here..top, right hand side of this same page?;-) I know when I just clicked on 'Corfu Town Hotels' it worked..but maybe just typing in 'Corfu Hotels' will work..haven't tried it..just sayin';-) Best..and Enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

On my search when I click at the top left hand of this page, the first 8 are in Corfu. Are there only 8 hotels in Corfu Town? Then it lists "nearby hotels" and the next 100 are Athens which is really not that close to Corfu Town. Is the same on your computer? Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

Hey again..and there are certainly more than 8 hotels in Corfu Town;-) Have you tried using the search function here?! Give it a shot..and fwiw, I see what you're saying! This is the Corfu forum yet to the left, listings are of Athens Hotels?! Strange indeed! Wish I had an answer for you..again, short of using search function here..would contact/get in touch with the moderators/TA here and let them know! Even that's a challenge for me at times;-)) Keep us posted..keep enjoyin'!

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
216 reviews
4. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

I guess the reason is that only 8 hotels and 2 B/B have been reviewed by the TA-community. Try some some of the other hotel search engines or have a look at http://www.corfutoday.com/hotels.htm

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
5. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

Corfu Town is a sub forum of Corfu on Trip Advisor. If you want a wider selection of hotels on the island, go to the main Corfu forum, which is showing 446 hotels. :-)

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
216 reviews
6. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

Isn't it strange that TA after showing the 8 Corfu town hotels and 2 B/B, add on a list of "Nearby hotels", and that list consists of Athens hotels instead of hotels in the rest of Corfu ?

7. Re: Why do Athens hotels show when I click on Corfu Town hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations