We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shopping,

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
885 posts
101 reviews
Best shopping,

Could any one tell me where the best shopping is in Corfu, not particualary expensive, just the things us girls need, i.e.handbags and shoes etc, also are they any markets in corfu, if so on what days, and what resorts, etc,

We are staying near corfu town in Alykes Potamou, and there is nothing there as such, so will need a day out or two,

Thanks Trody,

P.S. Also interested in a boat trip can any one recomened.

Heartmade
Gift & Speciality Shops
Cocoon & silk
Gift & Speciality Shops
Kombos
Gift & Speciality Shops
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Best shopping,

Corfu Old Town without a doubt, lots of lovely little shops in narrow alleyways. Take a break for a drink at the Liston and people watch for a while. As for boat trips try the one that goes to Paxos and Anti Paxos, beautiful!!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
885 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Best shopping,

Thanks for that, are they long boat trips, and where do we get the boat,

Thanks Trody...

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
885 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Best shopping,

Oh, soz the markets any idea..??

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
4. Re: Best shopping,

sorry, not a market culture here , only food market in corfu town early morning , fresh veg, fruit, and fish

leeds ,UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
97 reviews
5. Re: Best shopping,

This may be too late but we were there last week and we thought the old town shops are to be avoided at all costs.

Anything with a brand name eg Hugo Boss is MUCH more expensive than at home. Walk through the old town and head for the new town main street. This is more modern, less pretty but more interesting as you see where the locals shop.But do not expect bargains at all, my wife went to M&S as she needed another top. Prices 30% higher than at home for the same clothes.

I think we forget just how competitive prices are in the UK.

6. Re: Best shopping,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 08:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations