We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry

sheffield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Jewelry

Im traveling with my wife to corfu town in july.

I was wondering if anyone had bought any Jewelry , I want to buy my wife a new Engagement ring, Can any one recomend any jewelers please

Cheers

loydy

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
1. Re: Jewelry

You will be spoilt for choice in Corfu Town , old town near fort full of jewellery shops [ haggle though ] great buys in gold

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Jewelry

Hi Loydy,

If you google [lalaounis jewellery shop corfu town] and when page comes up,click onto [www.digitalcorfu.com] you'll find a big list of many jewellers in corfu town and also a map of where they're situated.

There's also lists of other shops/bars/tavernas around town which is quite interesting to read.Have a great time shopping!!!

sheffield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
3. Re: Jewelry

Thanks Jesseche !

Will have a look just did'nt want to buy any fake gold , with it being an important purchase

Thanks again

Sidari
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
1 review
4. Re: Jewelry

agni.gr/message_boards/…

3 pages here on jewellery shops on agni gr site

sheffield
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
5. Re: Jewelry

Thanks moonpig

will check them out

Cheers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: Jewelry

I often buy jewellery in Greece, as it is usually good value and there is always something different, to that available in most British shops.

Last year I bought gold earrings in Corfu town, which are really unusual and have secure fastenings, which are becoming rare in Britain (earring wearers will know what I am talking about).

Many shops have workshops attached, which is how they turn out such unique pieces. Be sure to have a good look around, as prices can differ considerably, and don't let the more persistant shopkeepers pressurise you .

Happy shopping

Basildon, United...
3 posts
7. Re: Jewelry

My holiday treat is to save from birthdays and christmas and buy a piece of jewellery (or two!). There is a lot of choice and many beautiful designs. Do look around as you will see something different in every shop and do haggle. Get into a conversation with the people and have a chat and take your time you will get a good price if you haggle. Remember it is 14 ct gold so a bit softer than our 9ct. I have loads of rings ranging in cost from £40 - £190. Check if they are diamonds as lots of them are white sapphires. Gold has gone up in price but it is still much cheaper than here

London, United...
1 post
8. Re: Jewelry

Re Jewelry,

My wife and I were recently in corfu old town and my wife saw a lovely bracelet in a jewelry shop. She could not make up her mind whether to buy it or not. As we were only there for a day (we were off a cruise ship) by the time she had decided that she would like it ,it was too late, as we had to get back to the ship.

I know it is a long shot but does anyone know of a jewelry shop owned by a German woman selling pieces from Germany situated in the old town?

St. Johns, Florida
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
9. Re: Jewelry

I am sure it varies from shop to shop, as well as the price of the jewelry, but does any one have any estimates on the price percentage that you get reduced by haggling?

10. Re: Jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations