We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Station Location

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus Station Location

Hi,

I was in Corfu Town a few years back and had trouble locating the bus station (where departing buses go around the Island). Can someone help me with specific directions? I'll take a local bus from the cruise port into town.

THANKS!

Mentioned in this post
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Station Location

Difficult without a map, syesma. The blue buses are easy - ask anyone for San Rocco Square. I guess the one you want is the Green Bus station. If you enter San Rocco from the old town, then turn to the right and follow the main road out of the square and downhill towards the port. The bus station is on the right. From the port, go to the cafe/restaurant area at the town end, which is right by a set of traffic lights. Diagonally opposite is a busy one-way street joining the main road. Walk up there against the flow of traffic and the bus station is on the left.

Steve

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Station Location

Thanks a lot! I had a map when I went, but it wasn't detailed enough. I think I've learned my lesson, and I really appreciate your help!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Station Location

Hi,

Just returned last week and wanted to give input on the directions. Like I previously said, several years ago, I took a map and was utterly lost! Where I erred in the past was taking a bus into town. Walking was the better option for me, and I spoke with other cruisers who took a bus all the way into Corfu Town, only to walk back to the Green Bus Station. They wished they had just walked from the port.

From the cruise port gate, take a left onto the main road. Crossing the street now will probably help, as you'll be making a right turn later. (I think the journey took us about 20 minutes, but I took a right turn earlier than I needed to....the most direct way would have saved time). Stay on the main street until you come to a circular stone structure in the road with directional signs attached. When I was there, I passed a Hotel and a Pizza Hut just shortly before I came to it. (note: before you see this you will come to a fairly busy intersection and you'll wonder if this is where you turn.....some go this way, but you have to criss-cross up and then left to get to the station....so just keep walking along the main street). On this circular structure (looks like a mini-roundabout) was a sign that clearly read, "To the Green Buses" with a right-hand arrow pointing to the street. Turn on the street and the terminal is just ahead on the left side.

The kiosk has the schedules. There were more departures than I had found online and we made it to Paleo with no problems! Tickets were purchased on board, one way only. The man in charge of the tickets was kind enough to ask the driver to drop us off across from the port, so that was nice.

Hope that helps!

Mentioned in this post
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
4. Re: Bus Station Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2012, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town