We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay in Cofu Town???

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Should I stay in Cofu Town???

Will only be in Corfu for 2 nights and 2 1/4 days. At first I thought we would stay at one of the west beach areas and then go in to Corfu Town as we travel around the Island. But now I am thinking that we should just stay in Corfu Town, rent a car for 1 day and drive around the Island and stop at some beaches along the way as well as having lunch. Do you think that makes more sense with our timing?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stay in Cofu Town???

To be honest no. It will be more exspensive to stay in Corfu Town and very hot in July. Stay at a beach resort and hire your car from there to explore the island. Parking in Corfu Town is a nightmare, get the bus from your resort and wander around the Old Town.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stay in Cofu Town???

What area would you suggest?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I stay in Cofu Town???

Look at a central location on the West coast, try Agios Gordios which is only 15Kms from Corfu Town. A great beach, very good Tavernas with plenty of choice re your apartment.

http://www.agios-gordios.net/

4. Re: Should I stay in Cofu Town???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations