We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we hire a guide in Corfu?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Should we hire a guide in Corfu?

We will be on Corfu for the first time late September on a cruise. We have thought about vacationing to Corfu as a destination, so I am very excited to see the island.

We are considering hiring a driver/guide to tour us around the island for approx. 6 hours.

Do you think it is a good idea? Any suggestions on a company to talk with? We do want a Guide that speaks English.

We want to see the highlights of Corfu, spend some time a beautiful

beach and have a wonderful lunch somewhere. I am thinking we should see, Paleokastristsa,Kanoni, Achillon,etc. Would uve to get away from the heavy tourist areas and see the real Corfu.

Thoughts?

Corfu Town, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we hire a guide in Corfu?

the time you'll be spending on the island, approx. 6-7 hrs is not enough to do everything you want... Check the page tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189458-c96694/Corfu:… The Corfu taxi page has a link for organizing a private daily excursion, if you don't want to get into one organized by the cruise ship.

Depending on the weather, late September is not guaranteed sunny as it is now, you could spend more time in Corfu Town, lots of things to see and do there, allowing some time for a short visit to Achillion etc.

Late September is not as heavy as it is now ( right now is the peak of the tourist season), so visits to Achillion or Paleokastritsa should not be a hassle and hopefully you will not waste precious time back and forth.

Ashbourne, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we hire a guide in Corfu?

I live here and personally, if you love good food, I would get a taxi to take you to Agni Bay and eat at Toula's restaurant. It is absolutely out of this world and the journey up the North East Coast is spectacular. Have a look on the internet of the views, after five years here of living in an inland village this is our "special occasion" spot. I'll guarantee once you have visited, you will certainly be vacationing in Corfu! Hope this helps

3. Re: Should we hire a guide in Corfu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations