We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Suggestions

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
78 reviews
Resort Suggestions

I know this might be a bit of an ambiguous question and isn’t specific to this forum, but can anyone recommend a resort that has a bit of culture, a nice beach (not volcanic sand) and has a bit of a buzz but offers more than just a strip of egg and chip type cafes? (I like egg and chips, but not every night on holiday!)

We’ve been to and liked:

Kos Town

Corfu Town

Lagos, Portugal

Santa Eulalia, Ibiza

(We didn’t like San Antonio Town/Bay, Corralejo in Fuertuventura)

We’re looking at going mid to late September and would like somewhere hot enough to sunbath (26 degrees ish). We’ve thought about Lanzarote, Tenerife, Cyprus etc. but just not sure where to go.

Any suggestions/advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Resort Suggestions

How about Playa Blanca (not sure about culture!), Lanzarote, Pissouri, Cyprus (not sure about culture, but some good ruins and mosaics nearby|!), Puerto Pollensa, Majorca (the old town of Pollensa is lovely), Chania, Crete, Bodrum, Turkey (nice castle, harbour, good bus network for exploring the Bodrum peninsula and near enough to visit Kos again). We loved the vibe in Kos Town too. Lindos, Rhodes (Lindos is a beautiful place and Rhodes Town is impressive, similar to Kos but bigger).

Have been to these places and had great holidays in each, some off season. Do your research, but they are all worth a look.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
229 reviews
2. Re: Resort Suggestions

Hi there

I would suggest Crete, furthest south of all the Greek Islands, and so many resorts to choose from that you will definately find one you like. We have been going the end of September early October for the last 3 years and the weather has been good late 20s early 30s in the day and 20s in the evenings

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Resort Suggestions

Thanks guys I'll have a look at those places (and probably come back with more questions!)

4. Re: Resort Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations