We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Corfu town

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,008 posts
61 reviews
Accommodation Corfu town

We would like to be in Corfu town for Easter 2011. We need clean accommodation with few steps, ensuite facilities and actually close to or in the town. Budget is about e100/night and I realise that this may be the most expensive time of year. Is this possible?

Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
685 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

Hotel Bretagne, Corfu town, and a 10 minute walk from the airport and walkable to old town and bus service has mixed reviews but we stayed there 3 nights in May, 2008 for 80 E/night and were very satisfied with the spotless room with balcony and buffet breakfast. There is a flight of stairs to the rooms though and I do not remember seeing an elevator. No complaints and we walked with luggage to the airport on day of departure. Plane noise was not a factor as there werent many planes. Would stay again-there were very few places within that budget when I searched online.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,008 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

Thanks Beachgrass. That is a good starting point for our considerations.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
14 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

From experience (many) years ago, if you contact one of the travel agents you may find access to private accommodation locally. However if you want a hotel, the Bella Venezia is very central and well-run right in the centre of town or the Arcadion even more central and very old traditional place close to The Liston which may be the best idea if you want to be on the spot for the Easter processions. We stayed in the Constantinopoulis long before it was refurbished; its in a great position for watching the ferryboats constantly passing by to and from the mainland and to Italy. The Hermes is also central but in a different end of town near the market, absolutely amongst the real Greek daily life; no idea what it's like now but no doubt there's something on the Net!

Edited: 26 April 2010, 04:43
West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

I agree with Simonne15 that the Bella Venizia is a good option--it is close to everything, has a few steps in (but you can have them open the side with the ramp into the sitting area I am sure) plus an elevator inside. I think there is a step into the breakfast room. The hotel might be a "bit" over the 100, but contact them to find out. It is easily one of the nicest places in town, and the staff are amazing!

5. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 18:15
6. Re: Accommodation Corfu town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations