We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corfu Town Breaks

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
91 reviews
Corfu Town Breaks

We absolutely love Corfu Town and for many years now have made sure that we always spend a few days there before we head off on our annual visits to Paxos. What I don't understand is why so few people ever consider it for a city break or long weekend, especially with all the cheap flights from April to October from the likes of EasyJet and Ryanair. After all, it's a UNESCO World Heritage site and has loads going for it!

If history and culture are your thing, there are fortresses, palaces and museums to visit. If you're more into nature, there are beautiful woodland walks on Vidos Island and in the extensive grounds of Mon Repos Palace. You can spend hours wandering around the narrow streets and alleyways, exploring the multitude of shops and lovely churches (apparently, there are at least 37 churches in the Old Town alone!) or sit in one of the many cafes in the little squares or overlooking the Liston or on the seafront and just relax and watch the world go by over a frappe or ouzo mezze. And of course, there's nothing quite like the spectacular Easter celebrations in Corfu Town!

I've put a photo album together with a few of the thousands of photos I've taken over recent years and hope that it might help inspire one or two others to add Corfu Town to their wish lists when they're thinking of taking a short break - https://flic.kr/s/aHsm65ddJ4

1. Re: Corfu Town Breaks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2018, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Corfu Town
Recent Conversations