We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Pinta, Santa Maria or compostela beach apartments??

Liverpool, England
4 posts
2 reviews
La Pinta, Santa Maria or compostela beach apartments??

Looking to book a 2 week, 2 bed room s/c holiday with hubby and 2 children (15 and 11). Which of these apartments would you recommend?

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: La Pinta, Santa Maria or compostela beach apartments??

I've only stayed at santa Maria, 5 times, so I guess I'd go for that one. I always book a private apartment through Owners direct, save loads of money & get all the comforts of home.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: La Pinta, Santa Maria or compostela beach apartments??

Cant help with the hotels themselves but with the areas they are in

La Pinta....this is only a few mins walk to Playa La Pinta (beach) and a little further to Puerto Colon .The hotel would i imagine have views over the beach and the port (Puerto) as there is nothing high obstructing the view .This area in parts is quite hilly .If the children like to watch all the coming and going of boats this would suit .

Santa Maria ...This is behind La Pinta ,for the beach ten minutes but do be aware it is over a busy at most times main road .with that in mind you may get some traffic noise .But as said not stayed there so hopefully others will have some in put .From both these hotels its only minutes to the San Eugenio Shopping area ,quite small but does have a great supermarket under it Mercadonnas .great choice and better priced than many others .

Now hopefully others will come along with bar restaurant ,entertainment suggestions as they will know where these places are sited .

Compestello Beach ...now this often comes up as they have 5 different places and some tour companies miss name them .So hopefully this is the one you have booked .But do check ....

Its sited in the better part of PDLA ,just over from the Safari Shopping Centre ,This hotel has rooms facing the sea and Road (again may get road/delivery noise so contact the hotel if you wish to have sea/beach views rather than road .That said my wife would opt for road as said straight over from the Safari shopping Centre ...she would be looking for "new Stock deliveries"!!!lol)

This place is only minutes from the "Fantastic " Playa Las Vistas " (beach ) imo the best in the area a long golden sand beach .Served by the sea front walkway into Los Cristianos from Compestello Beach Apts you can do the walk to Los Cris port area in 20 mins (maybe a tad longer with the children )its a flat walk .You can go in the other direction right to just before Puerto Colon before you hit any hills (as said earlier quite hilly in parts the other two places ) Your surrounded by excellent places to eat ,great bars ,excellent shopping .Without out the heady noise of the main entertainment areas .Your only minutes away from The Paz Strip of bars etc sited between the Safari Centre and Parque La Paz hotel .This strip of bars is more family orientated than the others ,again though near you wont get heady noise till the small hours .You have with in minutes a few differing beaches from rocky to pebbles and one used by the surfers ,so again the kids may love this area .Banana boat /Pedalos are from Playa Las Vistas .

Hope this helps a little whilst others come along

3. Re: La Pinta, Santa Maria or compostela beach apartments??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:10
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje