We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help please

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help please

Hi we are planning a first time trip to Costa Adeje for first week in Sept (3 x 40 somethings!). Can I get some advice please re hotel. Ive been on here checking out reviews and keep changing my mind. So what we’re looking for is a good 4 star hotel, at or near the beach, modern rooms, nice large relaxing pool area, possibly some entertainment or a bit of a buzz about the place. We’ll be going out every night but its nice to have a cocktail after dinner with a good tribute band or something on in hotel. Some of the hotels seem to be a bit soulless and quiet. Maybe some yoga, Zumba, salsa during the day. Also don’t want to be too far away from everything. Had been looking at Vincci initially but don’t want a long trek up a hill; Sheraton (too far away?); Melia Jardines, Iberostar, Bahia??. Any advice please?

14 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help please

I would suggest the Bahia Princess as it is close to Porto Colon which has great bars

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help please

Hovama Costa Adeque is a lovely 4 star adult only hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help please

Sorry I'll shorten the question - might be too much in here! To anyone who has any experience of good hotels which ones are right at /very near the beach? No hills thanks :) My head is wrecked checking out tripadvisor, so much to choose from and trying to narrow it down

scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help please

As I said no hills at Bahia Princess and 500 yds from beach

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help please

have you thought of las americas which is on the flat....and not isolated like some hotels in adeje.

in las americas

tigotan is very popular...and fits everything u want in a hotel...read reviews on here and its location is fab.

conquistador

sir Antony

plus you near the fab cocktails bars of

magic bar

monkey bar

harrys bar

plus loads of evening entertainment on your doorstep

Edited: 02 August 2018, 19:46
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help please

Thanks for the suggestions. I had been to Tenerife once before and stayed in Las Americas and wasn't too keen on it. Will probably have a couple of nights around there but just fancied staying out a bit further, however not quite as far as La Caleta. Thinking about the Gran Tacande now.

Southwell, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel help please

Tacande was my first thought for you, great location, entertainment at night and excercise classes daily too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel help please

if you are going to go into las americas at night, why stay miles away?

costa adeje is quiet n hilly...

las americas has multi million pound work done, the clubbing areas are that small u wouldn't know they was there.

seems like a waste of money to me to pay a fortune for a hotel out in the sticks to then pay for a taxi to take u to the lively part...but each to their own...good luck in your search.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 03:21
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel help please

How about the Los Cristianos area? A short, flat walk into the Safari area of Las Americas.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel help please

We stayed at the Guyarmina Princess, Adeje, a TUI Platinum hotel at that time. Lovely pool. Great food, directly on to promenade and beach. Good area to be based in...del Duque one way....Porto Colon and Las Americas the other. Some lovely coastal walks, loads of bars and restaurants for stop offs. I know there has been building work at the Guyarmina, so you’d need to check that it has been completed before booking. 😊😊

Reply to: Hotel help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje