We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

We decided to take all the kids up to Genting Highlands for the day. We got the Go Genting Bus from KL Central Bus Station, the bus ride was just over one hour. Upon arriving we then had to get the Skyrail up to the Theme Park. Being one that is not a lover of heights I wasn’t looking forward to this section of the trip, but was quite surprised it was not as high as I thought it was, the trip up was quite good, however coming down the clouds had come in and you couldn’t’ see what was happening ahead. The ride up takes I think about 10-15 minutes but it felt longer.

When we walked into the Theme Park the kids eyes just lit up, rides everywhere and they cater for all age groups, as we were a big group travelling with kids ranging from 5 years to 12 years we decided to split up as the 5 year old could not go on all the rides the older ones wanted to go on, so I took my son and we did all the 5yr old related rides, and he loved it, we went on the tea cups, elephant ride, spaceship ride, dodgems, another car type ride. The older kids went on the more action packed rides.

We met around 12ish for lunch which we just ended up getting burger king, then after lunch headed to Snow World, well if you have the opportunity please go, most of the kids had not seen snow and they had an absolute ball, throwing snow balls at each other, diving down the slide, and even going on the big rubber tube, there was continuous laughter. You were not allowed to take your own cameras in with you, but they had a photographer in there taking photos which you can purchase. They have lockers there that you can hire out to put your shoes and clothing into. They also supply you with a jacket, boots and gloves, and said that you had to wear long pants as well, but we did see people in there in three quarter pants and skirts.

Afterwards the kids got to go on some more of the rides in the indoor theme park, which they loved, the older kids kept going on the roller coaster. We had a quick look around the shops before we had to head back to the Skyrail for our return trip home.

Bus trip back was really quite with 6 tired kids, who all said they had an awesome day. We just wished we had looked into it sooner, and booked a room at the hotel up at the Highlands so we could enjoy more time here as there was so much we did not cover…. Maybe next time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

Another great JBR. Next time we go with our grandkiddies, we will have to go.

Cheers. Danuta.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

They will enjoy it Danuta, all the kids said they wished they could have stayed longer.

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
490 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

Hello... katsrule..

"sounds great"...ur JBR info very much appreciated....

Thanks 4 sharing ur excellent trip wif us....

Thanks...TA

Overland-T.....

Edited: 05 October 2011, 08:24
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

Fantastic to hear some great reviews about this place. Allot of people have commented, not to bother, but I have looked at their website and I think my kids would love it. And by the looks of things, I don't think one day would be enough either. Thanks for the JBR.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

Hi Lindsey, we were happy with Genting, I had seen some bad reviews about it also and was abit worried, but glad we did it, by the time we got up there in the bus and then take the skyrail, the kids only really had a couple of hours of rides, lunch and then head to snow world, we didn't even get to look at the shops or anything and there were quiet a few rides the kids didn't go on, mainly water ones as there is a water park up there too. You may not need a full day the following day but then atleast you have gotten to see everything there.

6. Re: JBR - Day Trip to Genting Highlands with Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 13:50